1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing my voice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nyuntamtam, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Nyuntamtam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello i want to transition from male to female but im waiting the process... and in the meanwhile i want to change my voice among other things.

I have watched many tutorials of how to train the voice but i still dont understand how it will change the voice with the training (i dont know what to do to train)

I just practise my voice until i speak in a higher pitch but i dont know what more to do to train my voice to have a female voice

Please if someone who has changed their voice or knows about all of this posts ill be very thankful :icon_bigg

Thanks!

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God that is the hardest thing for me to do. I'm not musical and have a fairly deep voice...

3. FootballFan101

If your rich or desperate ther is surgery surgery

4. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't need a high pitch voice or surgery to find your female voice. you need to focus more on tone, vocabulary, attitude and emphasis. Cis women have a wide range of pitch (lady gaga and Amy Winehouse for example ) but speak more softly, from the throat not the chest. They tend to pronounce words clearly and use less euphemisms: "she is beautiful" instead of "she's hot".
    Men focus on the situation and use bold, "manly" images: "oh man! that car nearly slammed into us, that was crazy". While women tend the to focus more on facts and feelings "omg that car almost hit us! That scared me half to death".

There's lots of good videos on YouTube with good tips but really it's just a matter of using a voice recorder (lots of free apps for that) and practice/listening till tone/pitch is as believable as you can and then reading out loud in that voice to develop the vocal muscles and train your brain to speak in that tone as second nature. It's good to record the reading in the beginning as well to better understand how you sound to others, since when we hear our own voice while speaking sound is being transferred through the jaw which makes your voice sound lower than it really is

5. TheRealTheaJane

I'm using a neat trick I found online which is actually helping.

Place two fingers or 1 finger and 1 thumb just above and below your Adams Apple.
    Start lower pitched, and slowly go up the scale. You'll notice lower pitch vibrates below the Adams Apple more, but higher pitch vibrates overall less, but more than before above the Adams Apple.

Find a pitch you're comfortable with, even if it isn't completely girly, otherwise you're just putting too much stress on yourself!

A couple more tips I learnt is to speak more sing-song, and also to breath out ever so slightly when you speak to make the voice more musical and soft.

Hope this helps! Voice is by far the #1 hardest part to alter there is x

6. Nyuntamtam

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the advices :slight_smile: