1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estrogen Blockers vs Cycle

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Forget Me, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forget Me

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, everyone.
    I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with estrogen blockers from online. I have some ordered and wonder, Questions:
    1. If it says to take 2 a day (men and women) is that enough to get rid of menstruation?
    2. After using it for a while, how long would it take for the monthly cycle to come back after stopping the use of it? Is there a time when it stops completely?
    3. Does it make you stronger, or make it easier to gain muscle, even if it doesn't contain testosterone?
    4. Does the lack of estrogen promote hair growth, for instance, my mom already thinks my peach-fuzz could be called a mustache, even though it's thinned out. Would it get thinker from the lack of estrogen, or does it only happen with more testosterone?
    5. What would happen if I only took it a few times a week, instead of everyday? Would I get the same effects? What would happen if instead of taking 2 two at one meal, if instead I took 1 at two meals?
    - Thank you. Forget Me.

2. InfinityonHigh

Hold up, estrogen blockers? Do you have a name of the exact medication this is? I rarely hear of any DFAB trans person taking estrogen blockers. Most hormones I know DFAB trans people take are either testosterone, birth control, or puberty blockers. Taking any hormonal medications is a big NO without a doctor's prescription. Ordering medications online is dangerous, you don't know what's in it, and you don't know if it's a controlled substance, meaning it might even be illegal.
    If you want to get rid of periods, a much safer option for someone your age would be birth control.
    I hope this doesn't come off as discouraging, but self-medicating can be detrimental to your health.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I was wondering about that since I have never really heard of estrogen blockers before. But I might of remember someone once mentioning taking them before going on T, but they had q doctor pescription.

OP, can you explain about these estrogen blockers?

4. Forget Me

Out Status:
    A few people
    I had actually thought about birth control before, but there were a lot of people complaining about how they would just spot randomly during the month and others saying theirs was worse than ever... Plus, If I remember correctly many of them require you to still have it on a week of your choosing... And I didn't want to deal with it at all... I found that many estrogen blockers got rid of it, and the one I found said it didn't have a lot of negative side-effects that others had... I'm usually against many medications, and when I heard of all the negative long-term affects of blockers and such I was sure I wasn't going to do that either... But it all got to be too much... My family doesn't know, and I'm not sure if I'd tell the doctor either. He doesn't like how I keep refusing certain medications because I get bad side-effects from them... A couple of my friends know about my situation, but I haven't even told them about the blockers yet... As with anything else I do my research, and as with anything else I take I write down the time and effects... I was actually asking some of these questions because I wanted to take the lowest amount possible, but I didn't want to risk getting it again... There just tends to be a lot of anxiety and "depression" that happens when I get it and I can't just ignore it anymore... I was going to just eat only a thousand calories and day and run a lot, but when thinking about it it doesn't seem healthy... Anyway, to recap. I'm doing this as a chance to get rid of the monthly cycle, I didn't ask my doctor about it because I don't get along with him and it'd involve my parents whom don't know, and I am asking these questions as part of my (daily) research which I conduct to make sure I'm being safe and taking precautions... Seriously, if I thought these estrogen blockers were dangerous at all I would've just done the eat way less, run way more thing. I did my research on them, however, and they did seem safe. I think it was actually from the company as well, so there's that... Sorry, my messages are always so long. I just have this thing where I always feel like I need to explain myself... Part of my family thinks I don't do anything right, and a couple of my friends have called me reckless... I just feel the need to prove them wrong, even if the conversation never makes it to them...

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So when you did your research and decided this was safe, did you find the following warning? "Not for use by individuals under the age of 18 years". It's the first one in the list of warnings; it's in all bold.

Then, let's note the sentence, "These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration", which is a note applied to almost every sentence that describes the effects of the blockers. Never a good sign.

Then, let's remember that doing anything to change your hormone levels without being monitored by a doctor is not safe. I doubt the blockers will actually have enough of an effect to stop your period, and if they did, I would say that's absolutely too much of an effect to be taking the meds without a doctor.

I would say you absolutely should not do this. It's not safe.

Also, you super extra absolutely should not eat 1000 calories a day and exercise a ton to get rid of your period. That is incredibly unhealthy.

You need to talk to your doctor and figure out a way to do this other than starving yourself or self medicating off Amazon.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    These medications often times do not work. Many of the positive reviews are fabricated. This is something that you really should talk to a doctor about. Messing with your hormones without the advice of a doctor is very dangerous. It is even more dangerous because you are under 18 years of age. There are a lot of things that can go wrong when you self-medicate. Hormones control many different functions that your body does, and when they are messed up, it can cause all sorts of problems. For example, I had issues with my hormones, and I could not keep weight on myself. I was down to 90 pounds at one point (and I am 5'5).

If you want to put your health at risk, then you are doing the right thing. If you do not want to do that, then I would talk to your doctor about this.

Also, starving yourself and running would not be a healthy thing for you either. That could cause issues with your body as well.

This thread is being locked because it talks about self-medication. This goes against the policies of this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.