1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Name Thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tai, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have not come to a conclusion on my gender identity currently. Therapy is getting too expensive and I'm going to college in a year, so next week is my last session until I try to pick it up again when college starts. We've made a lot of progress on helping with many of my other problems, which my counselor believes are all related to each other along with gender, somehow. But the gender conclusion is still foggy as ever. Also, she doesn't seem to think that I am completely male (FTM), and I'm questioning that, too. I wish it could be so easy as for me to just go get a brain scan and be told what I am. One and a half years of uncertainty, hopefully doesn't stretch into three years. I don't know if I could take it that long.

Okay, back on topic with the title, sorry for blabbering a little. Even if I am not fully FTM or even non-binary, I desperately want a new name. My first name is two female (with no male counterparts) names smashed together into one, and my middle name is a Mandarin name they gave me back at my orphanage, which (just my luck) happens to be an exclusively-female name over there, too.

I tried out William, Will for short, for a few months, but I couldn't ever see anyone calling me that offline, it seemed too stiff and maybe even too masculine. I've decided to go with gender neutral names (can't go wrong with those, right?). So I looked up a bunch of gender neutral name sites and came up with a short list:

Charlie, Kai, Sora, Jude

I really like all of them for various reasons. I'll be asking my friends which ones they can imagine themselves calling me with it still sounding and feeling normal (although very new, of course). Meanwhile, which ones do you like? I'd appreciate some opinions. Also, if there are some gender neutral suggestions you may have (especially Mandarin ones), I'm all ears.

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think either Charlie or Kai are good, out of the ones you listed. :thumbsup: Afraid I don't have any suggestions of my own.

#2 ThatBorussenGuy, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  3. DinelodiiGitli

Kai and Sora sound good to me.