1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out but am suddenly really angry abouts omething my friend said again

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HunterInPlaid, Oct 30, 2015.

1. HunterInPlaid

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came out to myself as agender at the beginning of the year, and came out to my two best friends about a month ago. One of them is asexual, and the other is heterosexual and cis and i can kind of tell that it must be odd to be suddenly exposed to "obscure" identities. They're very supportive and asked me what pronouns i wanted and if i wanted to change my name (I panicked on both of those questions but I'll deal with that later) but I just feel like they're apologizing for the wrong things. I'm not too bothered about what pronouns people refer to me as; I'd prefer they/them or my name I guess, I don't necessarily like to be reminded of biologically being designated as "she" my entire life. But this is all they apologize for and I'm like cool, but can you not say that two females could have a baby together with bone marrow (or whatever idk it was science) and then use me as an example as a woman.

Moving speedily on. They asked me if I wanted to go to the shopping center last week but neglected to say it was a clothes run. I thought maybe I could be more comfortable with the people who know I am in one of the places I've had most dysphoric experiences. But then cis-straight friend decided to point out every item of clothing I own thats feminine, even though I never wear them and my parents buy those for me. I told her that but she was like "yeah but you can still dress like a girl." GELSAFLNASDKGN*disgruntled frustration noises*. I could tell they didn't even consider apologizing. Before I came out to anyone the thing I was most worried about was just being idk humored by people, and I think that's all they're doing. That whole day was a string of statements that were either insulting or made me so dysphoric, which normally happens when shopping with my dad.

I should have told them, but dysphoria makes me really closed off and emotionally lazy. I'm not asking for advice or support or anything. I just wanted to rant here a tid bit. :bang: