1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst coming out experience

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spot, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I wasn't going to post this but I decided that I should talk about it because I think about it a lot and I might feel better if I talk. Also, it's the weekend and I have nothing to do... This might be upsetting if you're transgender, sorry The worst coming out experience I had was the third time I came out, I'd only had positive experiences before and because I was coming out to a guidance counsellor I thought it would be okay. I go to a Christian school but the first guidance counsellor was accepting so I thought that the second one would be too. I was originally going to talk to the first one but she didn't come to work on Tuesdays so I had to talk to the other one.

I said to her that I wanted to be a boy (it's just easier for people to understand than saying that I am a boy) Then she asked me why and I told her that I hated my body and she said, "The female body is beautiful" There was a bit of silence and she asked me if it was just curiosity and I said that I didn't think so. She said "So you don't that accept that God made you a girl?" At this point I was really starting to regret coming out. I don't actually believe in God but I pretended to because I just wanted to get out of there.

I had decided that if anyone ever said that God made me a female that I'd respond with "What if God made me to be transgender?" Well, I replied with that and then she shook her head and said "God made men and women. God didn't make 'its'" :bang: At that point I started crying and she told me that from the way I was crying she could tell that I didn't feel comfortable with being a guy. She then asked me if I felt better about being a girl when I'm on my period, I was about to say 'no' but she answered for me with 'yes' :rolle:

By then, I was just agreeing with whatever she said anyway because I wanted to leave. She explained to me that I was thinking I was transgender because I was premenstrual and that the Devil was talking to my mind :confused: She said that she'd pray for me and then I left. I went to the toilets and cried for like fifteen minutes and then I said I was sick and went home. I stayed home for the rest of the week.

Bonus: She said that because I was hearing about 'sex changes' on TV I thought it was normal. I told her that I was questioning before then and that's what she replied with lol. I thought she was talking about Caitlyn Jenner so I said it was before then. She said, "Who's Caitlyn and Jenna?" And I told her and she's like "See, I don't read the same things you do!"

2. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't these counsellors have to study some amount of psychology ? Clearly she hasn't passed it well!! It is a very sad and distressful experience , many people(even non counsellors ) in the world are going to be way more better counsellors than she is if not anything, so don't even bother ! Take this as a learning step and train yourself to react to people who think like her, because sadly such people exist in the world, it takes some mental toughening and pulling together to face such people! Be strong! These are the opportunities where you can practice being strong :slight_smile:

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly taking psychology does not mean a person will think transgender is an actual thing, especially when mixing religion with it.

I'm not religious but I believe that if there is a god then he made transgender people the way they are for a reason. As well saying that there is only male or female sexes is flawed. If challenge her on that. Ask her about intersex people who's parents have their privates altered to fit male or female. Tell her by her own logic that god made that intersex person born that way, so clearly god is saying that a person can be more than male or female.

I am sorry the experience was bad. You need to stay strong in your belief. If she insist still that you cry because the thought of being male is upsetting them fight through her constant words to insist that you are upset at being female. Do your own research find links and print articles of medical research and show her that science backs up the transgender identities. Tell her you believe god made you born to be transgender. As well there is another person on this site who said that what help them accept being transgender was that god made them to be born boy (in your case) and that itbwas the devil who made then a girl. You could always try that on her as well, and if she says that is not so ask her how does she know for sure. Was she there when god wrote out the plan for your life? Does she watch the devil to make sure he doesn't tamper with the unborn?
    Its just a thought though, you don't ha e to do anybof those things though.
    I hope things go better for you.

4. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

It's okay. The female body is beautiful, it's just not meant for some people, like you and I. I respect people's religion, and I don't believe in God as well. But it is clear she has a religious bias when it comes to things like this, and she is very uneducated on the topic. Coming here was probably one of the best things you could do for yourself as of right now. Talking to other transgender people (in fact, I'm a transgender dude and near your age, which may just add some extra hope for you in this post) will probably bring you a sense of security and safety- at least, it did for me.

You need to keep your head up, and perhaps you should talk to your parents. I don't know their views of transgendered people, but if you think they will be accepting, you should. You can look up several things online (how to come out, how to cope with dysphoria, etc) to help you through this.

Trust me, friend, you are not alone on this battle! There are millions of people just like you trying to be their true-self. If you search hard enough, you will most likely find somebody near you willing to listen to your problems and not have some sort of "the devil is taking your soul" explanation or something.