1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Identity crisis, what does being the other gender feel like?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by noname8387, Nov 1, 2015.

1. noname8387

Hello everyone! I know I have been making a lot of questions but that's just kind of how my personalty is, so I apologize and also I wanted to thank every single person who has helped me!!!!

Right now I feel in limbo, I feel like I have no identity, other than I am really nerdy, I like a lot of girl stuff, some man stuff, and I am attracted to men.

Other than that, I feel like everything is really subjective.

Yesterday I went to the mall and I was feeling completely male until I saw a figurine of a sailor moon character that I liked her hair, and also saw a girl with a really nice skirt and I went from 100 to 0 in a second.

I keep comparing myself with every man and woman I see, evaluating if I would wear their clothes and if I would want their body, and every time I can't just decide one. (But I mean, girls can wear any man clothes they want).

When I am with myself and interacting with my friends, I feel "purple".
    I feel like a man with a female personality.
    I don't feel enough man to be a man and I don't feel enough woman to be a woman.

There are moment when I do feel completely man, like at the mall but then they go away with any doubt. When I feel like a woman it is almost never completely female, but it feels more natural because it resembles more my personality. It just feels like I am just me wanting to wear female clothes.

I feel like my identity is really fragile. My natural state is purple, but then I turn blue sometimes, and other times I turn slightly pink (which is not full pink, but it resembles more my natural state color, so do you see the problem?).

Here is the thing: The way I'm describing myself is: a man with a female personality and that's how I feel most of the time, but if I do feel a man, why can't I convince myself that I'm a man? and why can't I stop envying a lot of things about women? I think it is because i don't feel blue most of the time, i feel purple, and they are not the same color. Sometimes I feel neither of the 3 but whatever.

On the other hand, maybe feeling purple is how transgender people feel, or did you always feel pink deep inside? Is what I describe as "purple" being transgender?

Ok here is the thing, MAYBE this "purple" I feel, is no really purple, maybe it is pink but I just see it as purple. I think that if I pushed myself and went full on woman and "brainwashed" the way I was raised, this purple would turn pink. but I don't really want to do that because it just doesn't feel right to me, but also fear of transition. Maybe this purple is how a lot of transgender people felt like before transitioning or fully accepted it. Maybe this "man with female personality" would just turn to "female with some male likings" after transitioning, but I don't really want to transition if i'm not sure and I don't really want to.

My personality is like the one of many youtubers who are now MtF. But since they transitioned they toned down a bit their manliness. Even with super feminine gay guys, I think there is a manly thing that I see in them that I don't always see in myself; even if they sometimes are more feminine than me.

So maybe a lot of my blue traits are just things that I acquired being raised as boy and having a male body, but that can be washed off, or are they truly my traits? I feel like maybe if I had been born/raised as a girl I wouldn't have acquired these man traits and would be pretty much fine.

I don't feel this urge to be a woman, but I do want to stop envying everything that moves and changing my opinion about myself every hour.

What do you think I am?
    I was thinking bigender but to me that just feels feeling forever wanting what other people have like I am right now.

PS. I though I was ok now but apparently I'm not, so I'm considering again a therapist but I'm really skeptical about it.
    PS. The colors are just a metaphor, my favourite color is blue but I know colors don't mean anything.
    PS. Every time I type what I'm feeling in a thread I feel male but I still feel like it could change any time.

#1 noname8387, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. Acm

Acm Guest

Only you can really know what's going on here, but is is possible that you're a feminine guy who's insecure with his masculinity? That's sort of what I was getting from your post, although I could be wrong here. If you're wondering if you're transgender, I'd ask you do you feel uncomfortable with your body at all, or wish you could be seen as a different gender in society? Remember, liking "girly" things or wishing you could wear different clothes doesn't necessarily make you a different gender.

3. noname8387

Hi Max! Typing this thread was a sort of therapy and it also made me see new things. I had already thought of what you just said and I agree with you! I just still think it is still a theory that I can't fully prove. Growing up I felt like I did not meet the man expectations people had on me (but this is a sign of being transgender too). So I kind of stayed away from that aspect and refuged in nerd side, and after in my feminine side.

As for my body I DO like it but then I see a woman's and like it too, they can rock dresses better. So that's why I constantly feel like I want what I don't have.

Thanks for your opinion!!! Right now I feel great (though it's weird, I feel like an excited girl because you called me a guy). But in a while I'll be back to questioning i think. lol FML. It is a possibility that this has to do less with gender and more with other things.

#3 noname8387, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  4. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah it does sound like that may be a possibility. Dresses are designed to fit female bodies, so maybe if you have a liking for female clothes it makes you like the female body because they tend to fit best in those clothes? These are all just my guesses though, only you can say for sure what's going on. It sounds like you're doing a good job of exploring your feelings though, good luck with your questioning :slight_smile: