Need to vent, my awesome mom

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Nov 2, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mom is the kindest, most accepting person to me. On Friday night, I ended up releasing all my pent up stress and anxiety from the past few months in the form of tears. She spent over an hour hugging me and talking to me and trying to understand who I am. But she's breaking my heart. When I talked about how much dysphoria I deal with on a daily basis, she almost started crying too. She said she wanted me to be happy no matter what, and couldn't see how I could ever be happy with myself in my body and as a person. And when I told her I would probably never become pregnant, I felt like I was letting her down so badly, even when she said, again, she only wanted me to do things that make me happy and that she had two daughters to give her kids. She asked me all these questions, she is trying so hard to understand who I am and my identity. I could never ask for a better mom. She wants to take me to get new guy clothes and take me to a gender therapist. I realize I have things SO much better than most trans people, but I'm feeling such a rush of powerful emotions right now. I'm so overjoyed she wants to help me and loves me so much, yet I feel bad I guess that she has to go through so much? I don't know, I just needed someplace to vent.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Awesome story, encouraging. Even if you can't get pregnant you could always adopt or [if possible] save your eggs and ask a surrogate to carry it if you want biological kids. Oh, and have fun shopping, if you find that sort of thing fun.

3. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

It's awesome how she's so caring! All of these changes can be hard on your mother but no matter what, no matter how much the challenges and changes stress her, she will always love you and wants you to be happy more than anything else. It's what makes a mother a mother and a father a father. You're pretty lucky to have her, dude!

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome, I'm glad she supports you!