1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Binder Questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pyrokel, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Pyrokel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi!!!

I've been wanting to get a binder for a while now, but haven't been able to afford it. I recently got some unexpected money, so I've decided to get one. (!) I've talked to a few people about it, and decided to go with Underworks, since they're cheaper and I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I'm a big guy - I'm 5'3" and about 280 last time I checked. According to the measurement instructions for sizing on the Underworks binder, I'm at the very top of the range for the XL. I'm worried it won't fit right, though, because my stomach is a little bigger than my chest. Do you think I should go with the XL, or buy one size bigger? Also, do you think white or black is better?

Thanks!

-Kai :newcolor:

2. YinYang

Personally, I'd buy white because you can wear lighter colors over it, but that's just me. For the size, I really don't know, sorry.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Black is stretchier, but white compresses more. Also if you're big I'd recommend getting a full tank-top one rather than the one that goes down to your stomach because you're chest might not fit in a smaller one, but you'd know better than I would. I would measure your stomach to see if it would work--but in general the rule is that if you're inbetween or not sure, go with the bigger option.