1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm really confused on the subjct of gender.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Secrets5, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I took another thread way out of the original message but I need to understand this. I feel agender, meaning I don't feel male or female. I've spent time trying to make myself female or male and I've come to the conclusion I can't. Even though I do some things that are regarded as feminine such as wearing nail varnish [no other make up though] and wearing [certain style] dresses. However, I also enjoy some things that are regarded as masculine such as playing sport [not watching] and playing action games [I remember my friend once told me ''why are you playing a boys game, go play with the girls'' - I didn't want to play horses, I wanted to play Super Mario.] Anyway, so everything has left me really confused about gender. I will never understand how people feel gender, and what gender really is and why gender is more than a social construction. But I don't expect you to understand me, some people I know think I'm lying but I don't see how I am. I know myself, nobody else can tell me. And I know I can't for other people but I'd still like to ask questions that might seem offensive to them, but it's only so I can gain knowledge and be less offensive rather than keeping quiet and assuming stuff. I'm really confused about gender, all I know is I don't have one ... which is probably why it confuses me.

Thank-you.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wearing dresses and nail polish/make up, to playing video games are all forms of gender expression and no so much gender identity. And yes, I know you've been told that before. It is gender expression that is the social construct. I.e: pink use to be a boys color, it was acceptable for men and women to wear makeup in ancient eygpt, girls play video games to and if you want proof go watch rooster teeth videos. People just feel more comfortable explaining their gender through gender expressions because society seems to understand it better that way.

And hey, if you say you are a gender than you are. When gender expressions are removed I can't say what makes a man a man and a women a women. I just know that after over a year of questioning I still view my body as male and wish to be seen as thus, thesefoee I conclude that at least some part of me is male.