1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you use to bind?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ledja, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ledja

ledja Guest

hey all.

i was just wondering what other people use to bind?

i've tried underworks binders before, but found them a bit uncomfortable. (kind of stiff and hot in the summer.) at the moment i've ordered a binder off ebay but tbh, i don't have much of a high expectation for it. at the moment, i'm just using a sports bra or tights, (i'm pretty flat chested anyway so it does the job) but the feeling of having a bra on is pretty uncomfortable too.

there was a youtuber i watched a while ago who recommended this sort:

SHO LES Lesbian Tomboy Chest Binder Undershirt Slim FIT Vest Tops XS XXL J0028 | eBay

so i'm thinking i might get one of these. they just look like a normal guys top too, so i reckon they might be pretty good.

what does everyone else use?

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've actually bought that binder! It's not my everyday binder, but it is pretty good.
    I usually use either an UnderArmour sports bra, or my GC2B binder.

3. ledja

ledja Guest

oh, really? what was it like comfort-wise?

i hadn't heard of GC2B binders before so i just checked out the website. the half binder could be a good idea... especially with the summer weather right now :/

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is pretty comfortable, and the adjustable clips on the side are really nice also. The only thing I don't like, is the the clips can be kind of visible through the tank. But I think you really have to look for them to see it, or it may just be that I got a lighter colour. If you get a darker colour you may not see them at all through the tank.

I personally think GC2B binders are a bit more comfortable than Underworks, but I think Underworks make better quality binders.

#4 Hawk, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  5. ledja

ledja Guest

awesome :slight_smile: thanks for the info and help

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use Underworks though they are uncomfortable at first, but they compress for bigger chested people.
    When I get money I might try a different brand

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two binders.

The one I have from Underworks is a swim binder, and my main chose is the Air Max from LesLoveboat. Both are great, and the Air Max is super comfortable and helps me feel cool when it's warm out. It's more pricey than the standard ones from GC2B or Underworks (mine came out to $89 *the binder itself + shipping), but it's been worth every penny.

8. ledja

ledja Guest

ouch, that is pretty pricey. but worth it....? hm...

wait, what.

you can get swim binders????? seriously? i had no idea. omg that's awesome :icon_bigg

9. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I hear swim binders are great, I would love to invest in one next summer

10. ledja

ledja Guest

yeah, i never knew they existed. that would definitely make swimming more comfortable. i've just been using a large boys size rash shirt over a normal (pretty flattening) swimming top.

oh, from your previous post before, do you mean that the underworks binder became more comfortable over time? mine didn't really do that :/

11. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, mine became more comfortable, but for the first two weeks I needed help into it. And then I washed it and it became uncomfortable again lol.

12. jenben

I've only tried two binders so far.

The first I got was the Cool Mesh Pullover Short Chest Binder from LesLoveBoat. On the plus side it was super comfortable, definitely far more comfortable than any bra I ever owned. However, it didn't bind particularly well, at least not for me. I still definitely looked like a had breasts, just smaller ones. Perhaps for someone with smaller chesticles, it would have worked better. (I think I'm something like a 32D or 34C, for reference. I haven't bought a bra in a while though, so idk)

The second one I got is the GC2B half binder, which I definitely prefer. The first few times I tried wearing it, I did start to feel some discomfort fairly quickly (after maybe 20-30 mins), and was a bit discouraged. But I recently wore it out for the first time and was wearing it 4+ hours and it was comfortable the whole time, so I think I just had to wear it in a bit and/or get used to it. I have heard from some people that they aren't as durable as some other binders, but I haven't really worn it enough yet to be able to comment on that.

13. InfinityonHigh

Hey so I can't find the exact like as of right now, but I've seen a post circling around on Tumblr that explains why you shouldn't use this kind of binder. Getting binders on EBay is generally discouraged from basically every source I've seen.

14. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I've heard that as well. Bit wasn't sure if they meant Amazon or eBay or both

15. ledja

ledja Guest

oh really? is it bad for you to use the binders sold on those sites?

i haven't seen that on tumblr, i don't go on it much.

16. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Resources for transmen
    Here this link explains why not to buy from there.

17. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It should be noted that it was so expensive because (1) I'm a bigger guy, so it was a plus size binder--which tacked on two or three dollars and (2) the home company is in Taiwan, which made it and the shipping more pricey.

I got it in 2011 I think, and it's still super comfortable and binds me very well.

And yep, there are binders you can swim with. Underworks has amazing ones, and Loveboat sells some too. I heard rumors that GC2b plans on having a line of them soon as well.

18. ledja

ledja Guest

well....... that's just scared me the crap away from buying an ebay one. for now then, underworks or some of the others mentioned on this thread it is.

CadutiMorte
    thank you for actually finding the link and sharing that and Daydreamer1, thanks heaps for the info. the Air Max sounds like it lasts quite a long time, so that really isn't so much of a bad price then...... you seriously made my day with the swim binder thing. is it easy to take on and off? haha, sorry for all the questions.

19. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I could get a binder, but they're always so expensive and because I'm not transgender I am never able to sign up to binder recycling resources. Which sucks :frowning2: Plus I will probably have to wait until I move out.

20. ledja

ledja Guest

.....sorry if i'm not correct in saying this, but isn't being agender a form of being transgender? do you mean only binary trans guys can sign up to the binder recycling resources?

uh, that does suck. and waiting until you move out, i'm assuming you're parents aren't accepting? what about a sports bra. i know it's not the same (and it's a bra), but it can still work pretty well under a guys shirt.