1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Legal Name/College Diploma

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kelp Krunch, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Kelp Krunch

So time's ticking and I have to apply for graduation soon. I haven't legally changed my name, so my diploma will reflect that (and consequently, my sex). A legal name change is in the works, but I honestly have no clue how long that will take. Does it even matter though? If it matters for future professional reasons, I'll definitely try to get the legal name change in before applying for graduation. If having my birth name on the diploma won't matter at all, then it's not a priority to have the legal name change done asap, if that makes sense. I know a lot of people get married during college and are in a similar boat, except with the last name. For the most part it seems that's not an issue, but I'm wondering if for transgender people and the difference in first names if it's a concern.

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just changed my last name due to marriage and stuff like degrees never even occurred to me. If anyone ever questioned it, and no one ever will, I would just provide a copy of the legal name change certificate along with the original document.