1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body dysphoria vs body dysmorphia??? What are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by noname8387, Nov 5, 2015.

1. noname8387

What are your thoughts about this subject?

Yesterday I was watching a MtF youtuber's video about how "Nobody is born in the body they were supposed to". In it she says that even though that gender dysphoria is a real thing, we are all born with flaws and things we would like were a little different, but we learn to accept most of those things.

I am having a little trouble figuring out if I am just unsatisfied with my body and expression:

I identify as a man but I am more unsatisfied/self conscious with my body since I started questioning, I have really round features. When I'm not questioning I wish I was taller, had a sharper jaw and chin, fuller beard (not wear, just the stub), less fat and a broader back. I don't know if I'm too hard on myself and think I'm not a man enough because I am too feminine and at the same time don't have the ideal male physique (but 90% of men don't have it and I still think they are men).

But even if I am settled right now as a man I still feel a little envy to women's bodies and expression. The female aesthetic is something that I still admire but not being woman as a whole. They look good enough to make me question a little, but I no longer get anxiety because I am a little bit more confident with both my male and female sides. When I see a fierce woman I feel happy and like I want to be like that, but I don't know if it's more because I envy the confidence in their own bodies which I don't have.

But when I look at dapper man or go to the gym I'm like "YAAAAAASSSS" I feel more euphoria when I identify as a man though I still feel somewhat happy when I identify with strong beautiful women so that's what is confusing. There are more women than men who I identify with, so that also adds to the confusion. I have this thought on the back of my head that the male body and the things I like as a man are just things I would like on my partner and I'm just misinterpreting but I don't believe that's the case.

Do you think this is body and confidence issues or gender issues?

How do I know if I want a male body or want just to be with a male body (and slightly in denial or oblivious)???

Do you think that if I work out more my slight envy will reduce because I will be more comfortable in my own skin? Sometimes I feel like I'm a little too obsessed with women for a gay guy.

How do you do to love your body? Thank you all for your wonderful points of view!!!

#1 noname8387, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest