1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk future.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

Considering your gender identity and expression, where do you see yourself in a few years? What are your plans? What are your dreams?

Personally, I see myself going to college and being successful academically. I also see myself transitioning in the next few years. I plan to be living full time as a woman in college, and getting surgeries by the time I'm 25. I plan to go to college for film, transition, maybe get a job while attending school, and seeing where life will take me. My ultimate dream is to be a successful woman in the film industry, and owning my own production company.

Share your future plans, dreams, and stuff!!! ^-^ <3

2. MtnCase

I hope to become more solid in my gender identity. I'm still closeted as far as that is concerned and can't realistically imagine coming out officially. I don't think right now that I will have surgeries or go on T (so no medical transitioning). But what I'd love is to get a job as a Backcountry Ranger somewhere in the Rocky Mountain region and just be acknowledged by friends and coworkers as a masculine figure. I'm not sure if I will ultimately ask people to use he/him pronouns but probably they/their. I don't ever want to come out to my grandparents because I know they couldn't handle it and I can't see myself really having the conversation with my father even though I'm sure he'd still love me and accept me. (My mother has passed away so that isn't an issue.)

Anyway, thanks for posing this question because I hadn't really consolidated thoughts and feelings on the future yet. I guess I got preoccupied with the present. But it is always good to know where you want to be so you know what to do to get there.

3. The Nurgend

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I know what I want my life to be, and I don't think my gender identity/expression conflicts with that in any way, but you never know. I'm young yet, after all.

I'm slogging through high school, slogging through college, and then probably starting my own video game company with a few close friends, which means I can pretty much do whatever I want at work--but I think the stuff I do can remain outside my job, no problem.

4. DaemonC

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I want to finish my transition in college and graduate with a degree in technical theater (emphasis on lighting) as a male. I will then hopefully get a graduate degree and a good job. Of course, there's always the side dream of being in a successful band... :slight_smile: but that's not likely.

5. jenben

In 2017 I'll be finishing my college course (computing). After which, career-wise, I hope to get a job within the computing industry (at the moment I'm thinking I'd like to go into computer service and repair, but I could change my mind on that over time, on the course, so who knows).

Gender-wise, by then, I hope to be more certain about my identity and perhaps have been able to come out, at least to a few people, and be beginning to socially transition. I think I would most likely want to medically transition one day, but I don't anticipate that being any time soon. Right now, I still have a ways to go in accepting myself.

6. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I would like to go to university and become a teacher, or develop education. The second is most preferable, but I'll need some experience teaching first to do that.I'd want to be able to adopt as agender [I'm getting an email back saying if I can or not] and change it legally. I'll have a child of my own too, and I'll get a surrogate to carry it or a girlfriend if I have one and she wants to. I'll get a relationship, I'm gynephilic but dating only one group of people seems boring for me, so I'll date others too.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like dream that I'm post-op by the time I'm 25 (I'll be 22 on the 22nd), and that I'm able to get read as male without a problem. I'd say "pass as cis", but I know my radical friends would be at my throat for it.

In terms of other plans and goals, being involved in the film industry would be great.

#7 Daydreamer1, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  8. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometime before I am 25 I want to have already started HRT and be saving for top surgery. I want to go back to school and find a career path that will have me working with animals, as well be farther along on writing my book. From there I would like to move to Canada or England. England would probably be for just a few years while Canada would be a life long stay.
    I want to get as much as I can done by 30.