1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel Genderfluid, but I would rather be a boy more often, help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RockFan, Nov 11, 2015.

1. RockFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess, I have wanted to be a boy for a long amount of time, but I think I might be genderfluid.

The past year I was trying to figure out who I was. I ignored most of my friends and refused to go online till I knew what I felt and who I wanted to be. I use genderfluid because I feel more boy sometimes than a girl, but the fact is that I feel more like a boy than I do as a girl. I don't know if this means im transgendered, but when people pass me off as a guy then I feel happy. If I am transgendered then I can't really transition because of my family.

I just need help figuring it all out again. HELP!!!

2. YinYang

If you still sometimes feel like a girl, you are genderfluid but more often a boy. If you don't really feel like a girl sometimes, you are trans*. On 'girl' days, do you truly feel like a girl, or do you feel more androgynous?

3. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Demiboy maybe?

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to feel a lot like that. I identified as genderfluid but preferred being a guy. Turns out I am a guy. Maybe genderfluid did used to describe me, but I suspect I was just mistaking feeling less dysphoric and more indifferent about my gender for actually being a girl. I can't tell you who you are, but I thought you might like to hear about a similar experience to yours and how it turned out.

#4 darkcomesoon, Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  5. ConsciousRose42

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi rock fan
    I can relate to feeling confused and frightened around gender -
    It's been my experience lately too ...

For me I can get so caught up in the feeling boy then it excludes the girl - but for me the women is a given I can feel it in the basis of who I am and I don't have any desire to be a man although I do have a 'phantom penis at times but I wouldn't want one in real time
    I enjoy my boy ness and I feel it's integrating a bit more but I love having boobs and women genitals and lipstick

My understanding is transgender people really don't identify with being the sex they were born in and hate it -
    They don't feel the birth gender at all - I could be wrong and it's more varied than this transitioning but that's my understanding
    I guess for you - you'd need to generate broad research as to what individuals who are full trans go through to determine it - speak to those people individual maybe to get a clear understanding

I feel 35% boy and am happy with this -
    I have had periods when I panic and go 'oh my god I'm a boy ' and I properly freak out at the idea - but then if I accept it go with it and say 'yes u are ' I know in my gut and heart I am not -

I guess it's that thing from moving out of the head which can get so obsessive and black and white and move into feeling and gut
    Writing and drawing may help
    Expressing the realness of gender

Ruby Rose is one to google she identifies as gender fluid and dressing very male and says she doesn't want to transition fully

If there's any women/ girl at the end of it all then trans fluid it is

All best wishes

6. RockFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There has never really been any girl days. I can't be trans because I can't loose my family and my family is more important to me than myself.

What is demiboy? Sorry, I just have never heard of that before.

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A demiboy is someone who "partially feels like a boy, but not completely" I'd recommend not identifying as that, because it might complicate things. Just consider how you'd like to be biologically and how you'd like to be socially.