1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother problems

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Nov 12, 2015.

1. JackIsANerd

So ive been trying to slowly change my appearance to seem less feminine without having to tell my mom I am really a boy, so I showed her a picture of a pretty gender neutral haircut and now she is getting the suspicion I am lesbian. Her having a fit over a simple haircut makes me feel like I could never trust her enough to come out in the future! She wants me to be this perfect "daughter" when I am really not, I just feel like I should say something now to get it over with but that would probably be a bad idea who knows what she would do.. I am pretty lost :frowning2:

2. noname8387

I kind of had the same problem, I wanted to be myself without them knowing yet that I was gay. But in reality these suspicions do more good than harm, I think that if they see it coming they won't get such a hard surprise when you finally tell them and they will be more understanding.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My brother has the suspicion I an lesbian as well, even though I insist I only like dudes. After all I did have his girlfriend shave my head and we tell him we are secret lovers (if you can't pick on your bros what good are they xD).
    He keeps telling me I should just come as the closet. I find it funny because he has no idea that my closet is actually purples.
    But what to do is up to you. I think no name is right when he says it is easier if they see it coming.

4. JackIsANerd

Yeah I feel like if I just go ahead and say something about it wont be so bad, the only thing is that she has reminded me multiple times that I am a girl not a boy.