1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

active apparel?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by crystalgem, Nov 12, 2015.

1. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    Nonbinary people, have you ever seen gender neutral looking exercise clothes? I run XC at school, and I never know what I could wear to kinda match my gender expression (that was an awkward way to word it)

like a lot of the girls on my team (bc I'm dfab so on a girls team) wear tank tops and shorts (really feminine looking obv) I usually wear a moderately big t shirt, not super big, just big enough so that you can't see the outline of my body rly

but I still would wear shorts, with longer spandex shorts underneath (i'm just kinda big on modesty)

Still looks pretty feminine with the shorts, I mean nothing against it but sometimes I'm more agender (bc I'm genderfluid) and would rather look more gender-neutral

maybe this is a really stupid question, but I already spent this time typing this so I might as well post it..have any of you seen gender neutral or gender neutral appearing exercise clothes/outfits?

2. lgbtqenjolras

Hey! I'm a demigirl who runs XC too :slight_smile: I'm not personally modest and I tend to run in as little clothing possible, and it helps that the XC boys at my school don't mind wearing shorter shorts either so I don't feel too feminine. Maybe you can try wearing basketball shorts? They're pretty long and I know girls and guys who run in them.

3. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would probably go with longer basketball shorts as time lord said, also maybe gender neutral colors/cuts of t-shirts. (no pink v-necks).

4. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    those sound like good suggestions!

5. wanderinggirl

I ran xc too! I'd go for men's running shorts: shorter than basketball shorts but longer than women's shorts. I also always liked long sleeved shirts under t-shirts; it widens the shoulders a bit. When it gets colder, spandex under shorts and lots of layers!