1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have any advice on this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by noname8387, Nov 12, 2015.

1. noname8387

Q

Hello! How are you today?

I think I have concluded that I'm somewhere in the middle of the gender spectrum, and since then, my panic attacks have not come back but I still think about gender all day and my self confidence is really low :/

Whenever I do something girly I cringe and whenever I do something manly, my self-conscious says "stop pretending you are a man because you are not" even though I'm not pretending.

I am constantly thinking that I fit neither end of the spectrum and I feel like I'm alone.
    That I will never be able to have a strong friendship with men nor women.
    Like I am a "wannabe" to both gender but I am not enough to be either of them.
    That I will be "the girl" in a same sex relationship.

#1 noname8387, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Q

Hmm, let me label you. Your gender is: Fabulousness.

In fact, many other fabulous people feel the same way you do. Many people who transition go through a stage when they label themselves as on the genderqueer spectrum. Genderqueer is a completely real thing, just to be clear. But many who are uncertain also use that term. And that's fine.

What I find helped me: Don't focus on one or the other. Maybe dress androgynous. You need to focus less on your gender, and more on your inner fabulousness. :wink:
    Be comfortable in your life before you focus on whether you're comfortable in your skin.

And if someones asks if you're a boy or a girl; you can simply answer "Yes."

#2 Linus, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015