1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making the lines easier to find!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by noname8387, Nov 14, 2015.

1. noname8387

Hello!!
    I made this small questionnaire so that we can share stories so we can compare what differentiates for other people certain labels and see if it applies to ourselves.
    This is the first time I try to do anything like this so I don't know if it will work. If you don't feel comfortable answering them it's ok you don't have to :slight_smile: I hope this will provide people a clearer view so they can see what applies to them or not and identify themselves easier.

Questions:
    1. How do you identify as right now?
    2. Do you feel like you will remain like this forever or it could change in the future?
    The following questions are in case you identified differently before the way you do now.
    3. What did you identify as before?
    4. At that time, did you believe it was the right label for you? or were you in some denial or was it easier to identify as such (ex. androgynous before MtF, bi before gay, etc.)?
    5. Why did you stop identifying that way or feel like that label does not apply to you anymore?

Thank you for your sharing your experience!!!

2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Male

I don't really think it will change that much.

I identified as bigender and agender in the past.

I don't really like calling myself they/them pronouns or she/her pronouns, I knew that.

The reason as to why I was so afraid as identifying as fully male was because I was scared of the pressures that came with being "manly". I just thought if I identified as something else, nobody would expect me to be "manly". It took me a while to realize I don't have to be Mr. Macho

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Questions:

1. How do you identify as right now? Gender questioning. There are some things I have figured out already, but I'd like to wait until I'm more confident in what I know before I change this label.

2. Do you feel like you will remain like this forever or it could change in the future? I won't remain like this forever, but it might take some time before I'm fully sure of my gender.

The following questions are in case you identified differently before the way you do now.

3. What did you identify as before? Androgynous in terms of gender expression, not identity, at the very beginning. Moved between demigirl or genderflux girl for a short time.

4. At that time, did you believe it was the right label for you? or were you in some denial or was it easier to identify as such (ex. androgynous before MtF, bi before gay, etc.)? I did believe it was more or less the right label at the time. I just didn't want to look into gender further during those periods of time, understandably because I had a lot of other issues going on too, so I chalked it all up to "not feeling fully so much like a cis girl." So I identified, rather loosely, as such. Then some time passed and I moved on into actually questioning and figuring this stuff out, and decided to just simply put my gender as questioning.

5. Why did you stop identifying that way or feel like that label does not apply to you anymore? It's hard to explain. I just know that my issues with my body, and the things I've figured out about my gender identity re: possibly being male in some aspects of my identity, and a bunch of other things, showed me that even if I'm not a binary transguy, demigirl or genderflux between girl/agender isn't right for me. Time will tell what is.

#3 Alder, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ]Questions:

Trans Male

I'm confident that I was meant to be male in some form and that I am male at my core, but that doesn't mean I won't feel other things along with male. I could feel more male the more I transition, its the hope.

Cis-female, genderfluid, demi-boy, androgyny, back to genderfluid, back to demi-boy, bi-gender, agender for a few months, back to genderfluid again, back to a gender, back to gender fluid, finally have settled on trans-male

I think a part of it was senile and another part of it was simply because it was easier to slowly work my way up to it. Each new doubt would knock me bout a step. I've never been able to take change all at once and I think my constant flux in identity had something to do with my brain allowing it self time to adjust. As for when I thought I was CIA, growing up I believed it because you aren't raised to question adults. It was around 13 when I began to question the first time and then go into senile for it to resurface a year later. Its been a pattern ever since.

I don't think I ever felt they were the right fit. Even when I said I identified with them a part of me didn't. A part of me has always been working towards trans-male

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agender

2. Do you feel like you will remain like this forever or it could change in the future?
    I do think it'll remain the same for the most part.

Cis-female, genderfluid, transmale, demi-boy, androgynous, genderfluid, and finally agender.

4. At that time, did you believe it was the right label for you? or were you in some denial or was it easier to identify as such (ex. androgynous before MtF, bi before gay, etc.)?
    At the time, yes, I did think it was the right label, though there was some of doubt when it came to "gendered" terms.

5. Why did you stop identifying that way or feel like that label does not apply to you anymore?
    The labels didn't fit. I didn't feel male or female, but I still felt masculine/feminine, which agender describes. I also think I was getting gender identity (male/female) confused with gender expression (masc/fem).

6. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    1. How do you identify as right now? Cisgender female. Although my expression could be bigender, I don't lose sleep over it.

2. Do you feel like you will remain like this forever or it could change in the future? I don't really know. At the moment, I definitely feel female, but I don't know how I'll feel in a few years' time. That said, I'm not doubting my gender right now.

3. What did you identify as before? First female, then bigender, then female, then agender, then demigirl, then female. It's been quite the roller coaster!

4. At that time, did you believe it was the right label for you? or were you in some denial or was it easier to identify as such (ex. androgynous before MtF, bi before gay, etc.)? I definitely felt that way. Although I was a little unsure in my agender-demigirl times, my feelings as bigender were true, with dysphoria and all.

5. Why did you stop identifying that way or feel like that label does not apply to you anymore? I guess it really is a phase for some people! I just realised that, for a long time, I'd felt female, so I went back to identifying as such. I still fantasise, if that's what you call it, about being male, but a lot less. To be honest, I was really feeling quite terrible about myself when I identified as agender-demigirl, so that's probably part of it. I guess not fitting oh-so-wonderful (sarcasm intended) gender norms used to get to me a lot more than it should've. But now I'm in a much better place, with better friends, a better view on myself, so I also feel comfortable with my gender!

7. Distant Echo

1. How do you identify as right now? Female Lesbian

2. Do you feel like you will remain like this forever or it could change in the future? Can't see it changing.

3. What did you identify as before? Female Bi

4. At that time, did you believe it was the right label for you? or were you in some denial or was it easier to identify as such (ex. androgynous before MtF, bi before gay, etc.)? I had kids so i must be bi, couldn't be lesbian.

I joined this site, read others experiences, explored myself, and I've started to recognize my interactions with men for what they were. Me being who others expected me to be. It always bothered me how I could turn off my feeling for men so easily. Now I know it's because they weren't real, just what I thought they should be.

8. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How do you identify as right now? FTM

Do you feel like you will remain like this forever or it could change in the future? I think it'll always be like this, I've been questioning for eight months, dysphoric since eleven years old so I don't think it's a phase. If it is though, then it is.

What did you identify as before? Umm...let's see, cis female, neutrois, bigender, genderfluid, demiboy, transmasculine and I thought I could also be agender or a demigirl but never actually identified as such. I went back and forth between these labels for a long time and that's probably why questioning took so long lol

At that time, did you believe it was the right label for you? or were you in some denial or was it easier to identify as such (ex. androgynous before MtF, bi before gay, etc.)? They felt sort of okay but not exactly 'right'. I thought that I had to be manly and that I had to transition and have dysphoria at all times. I was wrong :slight_smile:

Why did you stop identifying that way or feel like that label does not apply to you anymore? They didn't feel 100% right, I think I was in denial for a while

9. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Gay

It could change, who knows?!

Asexual

Yes I thought it was right, because I did'nt feel any attraction towards women or men, until recently.

I fell in love for a guy, so I'm not asexual anymore as I'm definitely sexually attracted to him.