1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bigender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NightmareChild, Nov 17, 2015.

1. NightmareChild

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was born female, and have always identified as such. But lately I've been questioning myself. Now, I love to wear dresses and makeup and other traditionally feminine things, but the other day, I tried out male contouring, and I really liked the way I looked. It felt...right, somehow. Also, I've thought to myself, on multiple occasions, that while I have no problem with she/her pronouns, I wouldn't mind he/his/him either. I've been wondering this for a while: am I bigender?

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You seem to be focused on gender roles? Consider how you want to be biologically.

3. YinYang

I agree with bacon, think about how you want to be biologically. Do you want to have a penis? Or are you happy with your vagina? (Sorry if I'm being awkward)

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, as a Bi gender person, let me weigh in. being Bi gender is NOT about if you want different genetials or some transformation. some bi gender people do transition but it is not necessary. being bi gender is about self preception, how you see yourself in certian roles, situations, or sometimes just random. there are situations where i am very male, im DBAB but others where my femine side shines like a star. and sometimes it switches at random. for instance, i can go from male to female as im walking down the hall at work, my sexuality seems to be more femine centered, my creative process draws from both my male and female parts of my mind, and when necessary my male, agressive, warrior side comes out based on 19 years of training in the CAF. so Bi Gender is more than the physical. it is, as all gender is, a question of your preception and your mind.

hope this helps.

5. SammyTan

Well I don't know if it helped the OP, but your answer help clarify things for me, at least a little. Thank you

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've said this before but I think it was deleted in the data loss (sorry if you've already seen this and it's repetition). No one can seem to agree on a definition of gender and whether it's something you feel or if it's just based on how you want to be physically. Many dysphoric bigender people define their gender based on wanting both sets of genitalia, and that is a valid way to define bigender. I think it's definitely important for OP to hear your experience of being bigender too, but it's inaccurate to say that being bigender isn't about genitals. For a lot of people, it most certainly is about that.

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    the orginal answer to this thread, which i was referring to stated that genitalia was the basis of Bi Gender. for some it may be, for many others it is not. the defination of Bigender in the gender wiki expains this.

Bigender is a gender identity which can be literally translated as 'two genders' or 'double gender'. Bigender people experience exactly two gender identities, either simultaneously or varying between the two. These two gender identities could be male and female, but could also include non-binary identities. For other identities for those who experience multiple genders, please see multigender.

Bigender people may also identify as multigender, non-binary and/or transgender. If a bigender person feels that their identity changes over time or depending on circumstance, they may also identify as genderfluid, which describes any person whose gender identity varies over time.

Bigender people can have any gender expression but many prefer to be seen as androgynous and/or change their presentation to be more masculine or feminine depending on their current identity. Bigender people may experience dysphoria in which they want their body to reflect traits from two distinct sexes, or experience dysphoria at some times but not others. However, not all bigender people experience dysphoria. Some bigender people may choose to transition so that their body more closely matches their gender identity, but not all do.

Bigender people can be any sexuality, and should not be confused with bisexual.

as you can see, genitalia is not the be all, end all. for those who are non binary the physical portion may or may not apply at all for those who are neither male or female, but are 2 other genders.

again, hope this helps.

8. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's just my advice, because that's how I figured out my gender and that's how a lot of other people figure out there's--I didn't mean it's the only way to figure it out.