1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does someone experiment with their gender identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WeirdWhovian, Nov 17, 2015.

1. WeirdWhovian

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm very confused about my gender, I don't know where to begin experimenting to see if I'd rather identify as female or genderfluid. I'm almost certain I'm not a cisgender male but I don't know what to do to see if I'm happier that way. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you have any friends you trust trying out different pronouns? Ask a friend if they wouldn't mind calling you by she/her pronouns, or they/their.

Gender expression has nothing to do with gender identity, but maybe, if you can, try some feminine clothes.

Would you rather have others perceive you as male or female or both or neither? Male some days, and female others?

3. YinYang

There is a 'test your pronouns' thread on here somewhere if you want to try some pronouns out there and, as Hawk said, you can ask some friends you trust to call you by different pronouns to see how it makes you feel.

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone