1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure where to put this...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AfraidandAlone, Nov 18, 2015.

1. AfraidandAlone

Since I have met my girlfriend I have started to question my gender identity again, while I know I am definitely not cis male, I'm not quite sure where I fit in. For the first time I am comfortable with my body and I have actually managed to come to accept it and appreciate it for what it is, but I still don't feel it is exactly right... I still feel I am more feminine than masculine and as a kid my favorite movies were things like the little Mermaid, beauty and the beast, snow white, Cinderella etc... I always liked playing with dolls and barbies with my youngest cousin than video games or riding bikes with her brother. I have told her that I like wearing women's underwear and that I am gender fluid bid I'm not even sure if that fits because it's not like it changes at all.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may want to look into identities such as bigender, agender, demi-boy/transmasculine, or demi-girl/transfeminine.

Sometimes it's hard to peg down, especially if you're most likely a non-binary gender identity. At the very least you have eliminated cis-male as an option - so go forward from there.

As a side note, gender expression (e.g. the toys you played with as a kid or the clothes you wear) has little to do with core gender identity and more to do with preference. Such things are societal establishments and not indicative of if you are male or female.

Anyways, here is a chart which you may find to be helpful. Each person can be any combination of the following ~

[​IMG]

#2 Kodo, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Initially I thought you were transgender mtf but in denial or not realized it, and as I finished it didn't make sense. What you said about about being comfortable in your body negates that possibility. Insofar that you're gender doesn't switch, I would think you're not genderfluid or Bigender. The identity might be Demigirl (or maybe Demiboy) The equable condition of your gender would indicate it's a Demigender identity at least.

#3 AtheistWorld, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  4. AfraidandAlone

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: sorry it took so long to reply. From the reading I have done it seems like I fit more in to the demigirl catagory.

5. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That being said as you become more aware of yourself and your preferences you may change your mind again. I went from androgynous to genderfluid to transgender female to androgynous again to demigirl to cis to transfeminine. And now I just know I'm a girl and don't care what my label is. For years I had problems with my body but I was so appreciative of the benefits of it that I never acknowledged that if I could CHOOSE I would definitely choose to change. I always assumed i wasn't allowed to change. So I coped. But now I realize that I like my body. I love lots of things about it. I was blessed. But I don't like the male aspects of I or rather they are disappointing to me. I hate my muscles so I don't work out. I feel dysphoric shaving so I try not to even though I prefer my facial hair gone. I have soft skin so I keep it that way. Now I'm more aware of myself I just treat myself properly and take care of what I know I don't like but it took a long time to figure out my genuine feelings on my body. Don't be worried is all I say. You are who you are and there is no reason to worry over a label.