1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have to experience a lot dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Nov 22, 2015.

1. JackIsANerd

So I am pretty happy that I have figured out I am trans but the only thing that bothers me is that lots of people experience a lot of dysphoria? I don't have a lot of dysphoria atleast I don't think I do, my upper body is what bothers me the most and the bottom bothers me every now and then but not as much. Me having mild dysphoria compared to others makes me feel like I am not really trans I am hoping its just all in my head and I am worrying over nothing. I am still learning about everything the best I can! :confused:

2. YinYang

You can still be trans and experience no dysphoria whatsoever. You don't need to experience dysphoria to be trans. You're trans if you feel like a gender that isn't your biological sex.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as you experience some dysphoria, you're trans.

4. MetalRice

How much dysphoria you experience or whether you experience it at all has no bearing on whether you are trans or not, all you need if is you feel your gender isn't your biological sex.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think what matters the most is what you want. If you feel thrilled at the idea of living your life fully as a guy, then that says something, right? Cis people wouldn't do that - or if they would, it would be a phase for them and they'd get scared off - while trans people would find relief in the continued higher, steady expression of their inner gender.

6. thepandaboss

Dysphoria varies from person to person and it can vary in severity. I'll be honest, sometimes I'm really not that dysphoric and it's honestly what probably kept me from even figuring myself out until I was a lot older. What counts is that it exists in some form- you feel more natural identifying as male versus female, etc.

I knew I was "for real" when I looked in the mirror for the first time after getting to present male and I actually felt like I was looking at myself. You don't need to have panic attacks about your body to know- you just need to know who you are and what you want to be.

7. JackIsANerd

Thank you everyone! I feel much better now <3

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'm glad! :slight_smile: <3