1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wearing what you want.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Secrets5, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Okay, so I know how to go out and buy what I want but does anybody know how to get away with wearing inside the house/in public without raising eyebrows [people questioning me]?

I really hate questions, just wish I could say ''I'm agender, call me they/them/theirs,my name's still Jayde and I'm still your [e.g. child]'' and that be it. I guess I'm not going to get that.

Thank-you.

2. YinYang

It really depends on what your family is like. I'd recommend getting some stuff for cosplay or a costume, like a binder if you are biologically female or makeup if you are biologically male and use that. You can explain that it's for a costume and usually, people don't question it. Or you could get a friend to get you stuff instead, if it's easier.

3. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I just slowly made a switch. Stopped wearing my more "feminine" clothes. Then asked for more "unisex" items to replace them (eg; men's t-shirts). Then gradually started pulling more stuff from the men's section. My dad still isn't happy about some of my choices, but I don't think he's caught on they're men's clothes, he just prefers me to look very feminine lol.

To be fair, it was probably easier since I'm afab and it's not so uncommon for girls to wear tshirt/jeans... If you're amab I would try to find more unisex clothes in the men's section to start, maybe some girls' tshirts. Then once your parents/etc are fairly used to you wearing that, start switching to any more femme clothing you'd like.

Also probably worth it to point out I found a lot of my clothes in thrift stores. As far as shopping goes, I felt it's a little easier to choose from whichever section you like, than in a traditional department store. Plus, lots cheaper than department stores, and I've found some cool stuff.