1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning Questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by iiimee, Nov 24, 2015.

1. iiimee

Hey guys, Chase here. So, I don't consider myself an expert, but I think I'm pretty clued in on what it's like to transition for both genders for my age, being a trans guy myself. However, there are still some things I want to know, so if somebody could inform me I'd be grateful-

Can binders stunt growth? It might just be my posture, but I've worn this binder for a few months and while my shoulder width has increased, the width of my chest hasn't been much different. Is this due to binding, or have I just not had my growth spurt there yet? Because it kind of looks ridiculous atm... Could just all be in my head ofc.

In what countries besides the US could I get testosterone? I just want to know because I plan on traveling, and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to bring a syringe with me when I do some traveling...

Which packers are best for different purposes? I mean, I'm not getting one anytime soon, but I am interested in making sure I get the best one, when I get one.

I'll probably ask more questions, but for now these are the only ones I can think to ask- thanks guys!

2. InfinityonHigh

I'm not so sure about the other questions but you should be able to bring testosterone with you on an airplane. I've brought the medications with me when I traveled and just explain that it's medical related and they shouldn't bug you about it. As far as I know, you can even pack it on your carry-on.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as you have your medical paperwork, you should be able to travel with syringes. Sometimes you will have to do a checked bag though. It depends on the rules of the airports sometimes.

I'm not sure if binders can stunt growth. I've heard of them bending ribs before because people have worn them too tight. It may just be your body has just not caught up yet. I'm honestly not sure on that one.

As for packers, it really depends on what you want. There are a lot of them out there, and you really just have to figure out what is going to work best for you.

4. iiimee

Cool, thanks! I am curious about the bending ribs thing now though, but it's most likely not that...

5. iiimee

Another question I'd like to ask is... hips. Is there anything that can be done about them? I rarely hear people speak about them, but I feel they're a major part of the body for many trans men to hide, or just make them look smaller... Do I just wear bulky clothes all my life or what? I swear, hips are the worst thing ever. ;~;

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think T helps them become smaller since face will be relocated from there.

7. iiimee

ANOTHER QUESTION-

Does anyone know what are some good upper and lower body work-outs? I want to get to the point where I am aggressively strong. X_X Is that bad? Oh well, it's just always been an ambition of mine to be a bit of a body builder, and since I'm young I should start creating habits now. I am already skinny, but I want to actually build MUSCLE- In order to do that, how strict should I be from the start? Should I just limit myself on everything- foods to avoid? Mostly worried about not knowing many exercises.