1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender...?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by happyraindance, Nov 26, 2015.

1. happyraindance

:icon_redfI need some help on finding out what my gender identity is... I've never really identified as female, the body I was born into, and have always felt more like a man than not, but at times I feel like I'm neither. I would like some help in what the definition of agender is and how some people came to relize they were agender, if they wouldn't mind sharing... Also, is it possible to be transmale and agender? Because I definitely am male at times; I just want to explore all options so I can better know myself. Thanks for the help!

2. EntirelyNuetral

Well, I don't have any personal experience with this, but I believe the feeling of being one gender at a certain time and then another gender at another time is called genderfluid, but I'm not genderfluid so I couldn't say for sure.

3. Sytry

Out Status:
    Some people
    If you feel like you are transmale And agender you might be bigender. Copying this from the nonbinary wiki: "Bigender people have two distinct gender identities, either at the same time, or at different times."
    EntirelyNuetral already mentioned genderfluid, you can be bigender "in a genderfluid way" as well of course, if that makes sense. If you're definitely male "at times" and agender at other times genderfluid and/or bigender might be the correct terms, as long as you feel like they feel right, all up to you.

4. DinelodiiGitli

It's possible to be bigender like the previous poster said. :slight_smile:
    Also it's not uncommon for someone to be trans-masculine and agender so that's also possible. Try not to worry about it too much, it'll work out.

5. happyraindance

Thanks for the advice/definitions everyone, its really helped!