1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I just androgynous or should I be questioning?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by alicuh, Nov 28, 2015.

1. alicuh

alicuh Guest

I've always thought I was cisfemale, I never really thought that much about it until the idea was introduced to me and now I can't stop thinking about it. Ever since I have come out to all my friends and even more recently cut my hair into a pixie cut I have felt a lot more me, and I have subsequently been dressing a lot more androgynous.
    My friends often tease me about looking so much like a boy, but I don't really mind looking like a boy, and a few times strangers have mistaken me for a boy if I'm wearing a beanie or something. I kind of like being misgendered as well...
    Do I sound like I am more than just androgynous? Or maybe I should just care less and stop trying to label myself, I'm not sure.

2. BatQueen

Out Status:
    Some people
    i can definitely relate, with the whole wondering if its more than androgyny.
    i'm a cis female questioning my gender, and im sort of leaning towards non-binary.

maybe look into genderfluid or genderqueer?

3. KingdomKeyDK

labels are tough. if you're not resolute in your "label," just don't bother. try not to look too deeply into it. you're expressing what you feel inside! just go with the flow and just feel things that feel right. :slight_smile:

4. Chewsy

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can relate to this a lot to be honest, and I'm Agender. To me you sound non-binary and I would suggest searching a little more about that, but whatever you feel comfortable with, Bigender, Agender, Genderfluid (I recommend searching these up on a wiki or something, I know there's a wiki for genders) you can be it, whatever you feel most comfortable identifying as! You could also be a demigirl, but I'm no expert there.