1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went to my high-school reunion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Confused239, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Confused239

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I went to my reunion and it was a horrible experience. Only 1 person talked to me i tried to engage others but was pretty much ignored. I dont understand how after 10 years i still feel like an outcast it hurts so bad i want to cry . I have noone to talk to here in real life that just makes it so much worst i feel so alone.

2. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Aww, that's okay. If you ever need anybody to talk to, EC is always here. That's the whole point of this forum.

3. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's all right. I feel like high school reunions are supposed to make you feel that way. Everyone is trying to make themselves look like they've done amazing things with their lives, so everyone is bound to be on edge. If you were an outsider in high school, it's likely that little people will talk to you.

I was an outsider during high school, lol. I'm 100% certain that I'm going to be ignored during my reunion.

4. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'm sorry, that really is shit. That said, there are plenty of more trans-inclusive places just about anywhere you go to find friends. Sure those people went to your high school, but if that's how they're going to be than screw them. Find an lgbtq friendly meet up group for your area, find friends there, would be my recommendation for finding people to talk to IRL. And of course, there are always websites like this. I know we aren't real life, but we're pretty good to talk to as well.

5. Mila

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi Confused239,

I know it sucks, but don't worry about it! School clicks and groups normally stay the same even after years go by- people would always want to reminisce about "good old days", not simply catch up with old friends. Exclusion is not the right way of going about it... But like I said, don't take it too close to heart, there are many other places where you are welcomed, accepted, and wanted!

Take care,
    Mila