1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is what I did wrong?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Anonymous

Earlier my dysphoria was at a high, I was home alone for a few minutes and I couldn't help but put on a pair of my sisters panties. They were clean and I only had them on for a minute but I was getting pretty desperate and I needed a way to feel more like a girl

2. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I don't think so. It's a behavior that many people often associate with fetishism/perversion. I think that's part of where the taboo-ness comes from. All you did was put them on. You didn't do it for sexual reasons. What you did could be compared with trying on someone's shoes to see if they fit.

3. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Nah, I think that isn't actually too uncommon. I mean, I'm sure your sister would not have appreciated it, but whatever. No one was harmed in any way at all, and if it helped you, even a little, than a utilitarian would say it was a net positive action morally. I wouldn't recommend making a habit of it, but really it's fine. Don't sweat it.

4. Distant Echo

You need to get yourself some panties. Wearing panties isnt wrong, but how would your sister feel about wearing them after you've worn them, even after washing them?
    If you really can't get some, you need to keep the panties, and not let your sister know you have them. No matter how accepting of you she might be, that would be too weird.

5. Anonymous

Thanks guys its only because I've had really bad dysphoria these days I will try to resist the temptation of cross-dressing.

6. InfinityonHigh

Dressing in clothes usually worn by people of the opposite gender assigned at birth isn't some kind of sin or horrible crime against humanity, so don't treat it as such. Society has an unnecessary stigma attached to it. There's nothing wrong with trying on clothes that match your gender identity. I do strongly suggest you get some of your own if you can though.

7. BigRedSailor

Hun. Don't beat yourself up about this. Try to understand that you are not broken or weird. I wish I would have allowed myself to be who I truly was when I was younger. Don't give yourself a complex. Love Love. Always willing to chat.

8. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's nothing wrong with "crossdressing" (it's not even really crossdressing because you're a girl). There's nothing wrong with you wearing whatever clothing makes you feel comfortable.

However, wearing someone else's panties without their permission is definitely crossing a line. Trying on someone's clothes without permission is never ideal, but underpants are a particularly uncomfortable thing to share with someone. I don't think your sister would be happy to know it happened, and I really don't think you should do it again. Still, if there is any way for you to buy your own, I think you absolutely should. It's really good to have things you can wear that help with your dysphoria. It just needs to be your own clothing.

9. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nah, my guy friend did this once. He ended up stealing them too lmao!

10. Anonymous

Thanks guys

11. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Don't stress about it. If you continue to do that to relieve your anxiety, then it's a problem you'll have to deal with though.

12. MetalRice

Don't stress about it dear. I can relate perfectly since I did this myself once with a pair of my sister-in-law's panties, I probably wouldn't make a habit of doing it if I was in your shoes through.

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It's okay, honey, don't sweat it. You haven't done anything bad, really. But yeah, probably best not to do it again.