1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homemade Binder Tips?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by galaxygia, Nov 29, 2015.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey.

I have no clue what my gender is (just identifying as cis for now) but I've decided to experiment with binding. I'm too afraid to ask my parents to consider buying me one so I've gotten some old tights out and fashioned a binder out of them. I tried it on and it's comfortable (I can breathe great in it, it's sorta like wearing a tighter than normal tank top) but I just want to know if it's safe or not. How long should I wear it? I'm not planning on wearing it an entire day (I'll bring a bra with me to school and I'll change into it after school before I go home) so I think it should be okay. Is there anything else I need to know? (I'm an A cup right now if that's important at all)

2. InfinityonHigh

Generally if you feel physically comfortable in it, you're probably good. If something is hurting you then your body will kick and scream until you do something about it. (Not literally, but you get the point) If when you take it off and feel pain or discomfort afterwards, you're going to want to stop at what you're doing. In other words, listen to your body.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's fine as long as it's not hurting you. When you start you can go 4-5 hours a day, but eventually you can probably get up to eight--with a normal binder. With tights it could be longer or shorter depending on its tightness.