1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts about gender and orientation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BigRedSailor, Nov 30, 2015.

1. BigRedSailor

I need some help. I have always wondered about my orientation and gender. I am a man by birth but have always loved girly things. I have dressed in my mother's clothes all my life and now my wife's when I can get a free moment. I grew up in the South of USA and was always told these are not good thoughts and feelings. I now know that is complete crap. I have a wife who is really my best friend but not really understanding of the gender confusion, but realizes that gay is ok. I have a wonderful 3 year old girl who is the light of my life. I do not want to live apart from her. I want to raise her daily. I feel terrible I am going through the motions with my wife. How do I tell her about this part of me and not lose my daughter? Thanks to all who reply. Love Love.

2. NekoAlex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you feel attracted to men? Liking girly things doesn't make you gay, it's about who you like. Also, do you feel like you really are a woman or you just like wearing women's clothes and doing "girly" things? If it's the latter, then you're probably just a crossdresser or a feminine man. Gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation are separate things.

#2 NekoAlex, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. BigRedSailor

Thanks for the response. I am certainly attracted to men. I guess I am feminine guy for sure when it come to same sex relationships. I would want a manly guy and I would be the female gender role. I guess. I want to please a man the way a women would. Yes if I could snap my fingers I would be a woman for sure. Maybe I fit more in the gender expression category. I want to be girly so to speak

4. wanderinggirl

First of all you're not a bad person. I hope you and your wife can work something out that allows your child to experience both of you to your fullest.

How much have you told your wife thus far?

#4 wanderinggirl, Nov 30, 2015
  5. BigRedSailor

Wandering Girl. At this point I have never told my wife anything. I have shaved my body seveal times and said I want to feel pretty. I don't really get too much reaction from her. When did you know you were different?

6. wanderinggirl

From a fairly young age I think, but I was always straight/feminine enough to blend in without sacrificing a big piece of myself, so my situation is different. It sounds like this is not so much a desire for you as it is a need. I don't know what advice to give you; maybe start by asking yourself, what do you want to happen ideally?

#6 wanderinggirl, Nov 30, 2015