1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tips on getting a binder without parents finding out?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Prince Toby, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Prince Toby

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm genderqueer and more recently I've been feeling more masculine and want to get a binder to help with dysphoria. The only problem is I haven't come out to my parents and want to avoid doing so for as long as possible, is there any way I could get one without their knowing?

2. InfinityonHigh

In terms of how you can get money to buy it:
    1. Use the credit card of someone that you're out to and trust
    2. Get one of those prepaid credit cards (they're usually available at 7/11 Walmart target you the idea)
    In terms of where you can ship it to:
    1. Have it be shipped to a friend's house
    2. Have it shipped to your regular house but use the holiday season as a cover up as to why you received a package

I'm sure there are some other ways.

3. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Honestly, ordering right now is the best time (assuming you're planning on using the internet, whish seems like a good place to get one), because if you receive a mysterious package and they ask "what's in the box?" You can just say it's a secret and they'll assume it's a Christmas present or something. (make sure you actually do get them a present so you don't blow this cover later)

If you don't have a credit card you can buy gift card type credit cards at places like Walmart or similar.

If your parents are the type who would open a box with your name on it, before you get the chance I recommend shipping it to a friend who supports you, so then they can just give it to you.

All that said, I don't know your parents but if you don't think it's likely that they'll disown you or beat you or something you might just want to come out to them and get it over with. Because you'll have to eventually.