1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by YinYang, Dec 2, 2015.

1. YinYang

I have some dysphoria towards my chest and it can get pretty bad sometimes, but my parents don't want to let me get a binder. I wear a sports bra as often as I can now, but it's not helping much. My chest is pretty small (A cup), but I can still see my breasts when I wear the sports bra. It's the only one I've found that seems to help at all and I've looked for others so many times and came up with nothing. I found a website that is giving out free binders to teens who need them and I want to apply, but... I don't know. I'm not used to keeping something this big from my parents and I'm terrified about how they would react if they found out. Should I apply for a binder, or wait until I turn 18 and can buy one myself?

Also, if I do get one, how would I go about hiding it? I would need to wash it every week, but my mom does the laundry and she would see it. And where should I hide it when I'm not wearing it? No one really goes through my stuff, but just in case.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm assuming that entails giving your address away online, which I advise against but it's your choice.

If you do, just keep it somewhere weird where your parents wouldn't look. To wash it, just clean it in the sink with hand soap and then blow dry it. Also, if the sports bra by itself isn't working you might want to layer clothes, wear two sports bras, or make a binder out of a camisole or pantyhose. The same safety rules apply (8 hours a day, don't exercise in them, etc.).