1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared to tell my grandma that I want top surgery

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by crystallight268, Dec 3, 2015.

1. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have no idea if I'm transgender or not or if I fall underneath the gender spectrum. But I have been thinking about having top surgery on my chest because I don't like my breast. AT ALL! I've watched a video on top surgery and how they perform it. It scared me at the beginning but I was able to watch the whole thing. I also watched three videos about this guy that had top surgery. He's transgender ftm and it helped me to know how it would look after surgery and if it'll leave scars with it did.

My real problem is is that I'm so scared to tell my grandma that I want to have the surgery. Especially I front of family. I mean they're supportive of LGBT don't get me wrong, its just I don't how the conversation would turn out. I get nervous when I talk to my family. If my dad was to find out HE WOULD KILL ME! I mean he will light my ass up. But I really really really really really want to do it. What should I do? And does this make me transgender? I identify as a lesbian and still will if I get the surgery. But will that still make me trans? Or underneath the gender spectrum?

2. rave

Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you tried binding?

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't necessarily mean you're trans, and you don't have to be to get top surgery. It might be difficult for you to get a referral, but it's not impossible. Since it's just your chest, and you hate it it's more likely dysmorphia--which once it's treated it will move to somewhere else. Or it could not be, and you could be relieved. I'd recommend talking to a therapist about it. As for your family, just remember it's your body and no one else can tell you what to do with it.

4. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

No I haven't