1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimenting with Femininity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justine16, Dec 3, 2015.

1. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I came out to a really close female friend. She was really accepting (she is bi herself) and offered to help me explore my femininity. She invited me to come over to her house so that she could let me try on clothes and makeup and stuff. This was a really pleasant surprise. The only problem is my parents don't know about my gender identity. Do you know any subtle ways to express my femininity that would not be to overt for my parents?

2. Mochis

Yay for you love! :3 It's always such a great feeling to know your friend will support you! Perhaps you can start to add some less obvious/unisex clothing to your wardrobe at home? Supposing you do your own laundry one of the easiest changes you can make is to your underwear. Switching from boxer briefs to panties was soooo amazing and they hold up much better when tucking compared to boyshorts.

You can always practice with makeup in the bathroom before you shower so your parents won't see. Putting eyeliner only on the top lid and between your lashes (so only about 1/3 of where it is most dense) should help give the illusion that they are naturally long and thick. You can easily wear concealer, powder and blush without scrutiny, but only if you remember a LITTLE goes a long way! I would avoid foundation outside until you're fairly confident it is completely even, otherwise you may appear too clean and it could be a dead giveaway. In the past year I've only had 2 or 3 hostile comments but far more positive compliments, and it only takes one for you to be feeling pretty in the clouds for a loooong time. I'm sure you'll hear a lot of compliments too! :slight_smile:

You can do lots of things, remove body hair, grow out your nails, get some new perfume, or even just go window shopping and see what you like. Just some thoughts about the first things I did, if anything even helped than woooo! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
    Even if something seems like a little change, I'm sure it will bring an immense amount of joy to you!

3. MtnCase

I am FTM instead of MTF, but I agree that making little changes (like underwear, how I manage body hair, and discrete clothing options) have made me soooo much happier. It can be really scary the first time you go into a store to buy things that don't appear to match the gender everyone else perceives you as, but when you're walking through the parking lot to your car, there is a feeling of complete happiness and triumph! Good luck!