1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panicking About Coming Out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by rave, Dec 3, 2015.

1. rave

Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to come out *today*, but I am terrified.

I don't think I am going to change my mind, & I don't think this is a phase, & it hurts me to not be out, but I am just really scared about publicizing this.
    People will have name questions!
    Pronoun questions!

& I don't 100% know what to say.

Any input would be fantastic
    <3

2. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of, LOVE that blue hair! If it's really yours, then all the better. ^^ Second, you are so brave and I'm so proud that you're choosing to come out despite being afraid, THAT is real courage. I am in the closet in a way as well, I'm only ready to come out when I am ready, and when I know myself more. And if I do come out, and people ask me what should they call me, how do I want to be referred to as, I just tell them: When I know, I'll tell you. In the mean time, I'm still soul searching for the right answer. If you want people to refer to you as something different from what they're used to, then just tell them. If you're not even sure that's perfectly fine too.
    I would just say, that when YOU know what you want to be called, then you can share that information with everyone else. Just try to explain the feelings more than the details and people could understand.
    I hope this helps, if not I am sorry.

3. rave

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much! That is super helpful & so kind & empathetic <3
    You have turned self-acceptance into an art; please keep being the artist that you are!!

4. rave

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much! That is super helpful & so kind & empathetic <3
    You have turned self-acceptance into an art; please keep being the artist that you are!!

5. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankyou as well. And how did you know I was an artist? lol! :wink: And don't be too afraid. The way I see it, is that for every friend you loose, you will gain 10 more greater ones. For every hurtful word made, more hopeful ones will be said to mend the wounds. Every jerk you come across, you can just go "Well that happened. Have a nice life, I'm gunna go enjoy mine. ^^" Because really. WHO are they??? They don't know you, you don't know them and if that's the way they'll react, then you probably don't want to know them. So just keep your head up high and live life for love and friends and for yourself. ^^ (*hug*)