1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer... Or not??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DemiLiHue, Dec 4, 2015.

1. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I never felt any gender dysphoria, (I think) but I'm just really confused. I don't really feel like a boy at all, but I feel disconnected with my body sometimes... I don't know how a girl should feel, or an Agender person. I kinda feel anxious sometimes and I thought it was... Cause I didn't do anything cool... (I know it sounds dumb lol) but maybe it was gender dysphoria? Who knows! I've been playing a really good Videogame called UNDERTALE and the main character uses they/them pronouns. I loved how they were so awesome and didn't cared about gender. So I've thought about gender neutral pronouns for a while and I really like them... But I don't think I am totally right about how I feel, but I don't know how a girl is supposed to be... :help: please

2. littleraven

Sounds like genderqueer to me. I can relate to what you're saying. Also, Undertale is fantastic. ^^

I have a question though. Do you feel like you are a gender that's kind of undefined or do you feel like no gender at all?

#2 littleraven, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  3. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it makes you feel any better, I don't know how a girl is supposed to be, and I AM one!! XD At least physically anyways. I dont know how a man is really supposed to behave, but its more or less on behavior, and more on a state of mind and feeling inside you. I feel that same disconnectedness from my body as you have most times. I think more gender neutral pronouns or sometimes more male ones would make me feel better. And I can't tell you how to feel or not to feel, that would make me a jerk. XP But, if this is something that's inside you, that you just FEEL like a girl, but can't really put it into words, then that's really all you can do at the moment. You could explore your feminine side a bit more, makeup, clothing, etc if you are comfortable with that in public or private or what have you. Perhaps that could help you open up more, and if it feels right, or not, then at least you know you're in the right direction.
    Hope that helps. ^^

4. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah right??
    I feel like I live in a gender I created myself... But I can also feel that this "gender" has no walls nor limits, and that I can bend it or stretch it as I like... But that feel could also be from not having gender... Urgh I'm so confused... But could also this be because my gender IS female?? And me don't caring about gender roles and stuff?

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there's any one way a girl should feel, which is why I think defining gender based on feelings can be a bit iffy. You said you've experienced a disconnect from your body, which could definitely be dysphoria, so I think it's worth looking into nonbinary identities. When you're not sure how to define your gender, it's often easiest to just think about how you want to be physically and how you want to be seen by others (e.g. I want to be neutral/male physically and be seen as male, so I'm a trans guy) and leave it at that. Don't worry too much about how girls are supposed to feel or act. Just figure out if physically and socially being a girl is comfortable for you or not.

6. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much for the advice.
    Well, i think I want to be seen as... Nothing? Maybe just... Me. A person that wears what e wears, and has a pretty, androgynous body. At least I know I'm someone that eir gender is non-binary