1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I non-binary?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MayaBee, Dec 6, 2015.

1. MayaBee

Okay I am sorry if I am mixing up labels, but here is my situation:
    I am born female and have always identified so. Since I know I am bisexual I have been wondering if I am genderqueer, I dont feel like I am a man at all, but I also dont really feel like I am a female. I like to wear mens clothing, but female as well, I dont really 'not identify' as female, but I am just thinking that I dont care about what my gender is. I mean, honestly, I like the fact that I have boobs, but I wouldnt mind being born male, I just think that if I was born male, I'd be a little bit feminine, as for now, I am a little masculine.

Any advice on what I am?

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly to me, it sounds like you don't care about gender roles and what society expects men and women to be. That's totally fine. Could you elaborate on your feelings towards your body?

3. MayaBee

Fisrt of all, I dont like stereotypes or social expectations. I just dont understand why f.e. every lesbian should own a cat or why men arent allowed to wear makeup whilst women are supposed to do so.
    I am pretty comfortable with my body. I wouldnt change the way it is, but if it would be different, then I wouldnt mind. I dont feel any disgust or similar feelings towards my body, as well as I dont towards the opposite's gender body. But I never identified with the stereotypical image of a woman. I dont like make up, I dont like purses and I dont like to try to fit into a super skinny jeans. I like to wear hats, boots and shirts that arent cut out until my stomach.
    I recently thought about the scenario that I'd be with someone who is transgender. I figured out, I wouldnt mind. I dont care what gender my partner would be nor if they came out to me as transgender within the relationship.

So, what do you think?

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I'm actually pretty similar to what you described. I don't feel like I don't like my body or being a female, but I don't strongly identify with being female either and I don't think I'd mind either way. I also wear more masculine clothes a lot, but sometimes more feminine.
    I guess I wouldn't worry about the label so much as what makes you the most comfortable and then you may find a label that fits that later on. Like maybe imagine being called different pronouns, see if they or he feels better or if you don't really mind if it's she. Even then though, it's still about how you feel. I don't know if you've heard of Ruby Rose but she's a celebrity who identifies as androgynous but still uses she/her pronouns. Point is, when you're thinking about this don't try to fit the label either.
    Would labeling yourself to others and/or to yourself as non-binary feel more right?

It sounds like instead of fitting into a gender you really just want to be you and that doesn't have to line up with a certain gender for you which sounds more like non-binary I guess. But don't stress about it too much. Just continue to do and dress and be the way you feel inside and you can't go wrong.

5. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm similar to you and I'm agenderflux. Agender might be something you would want to look at, when I started trying to figure out if I was agender of not I read so stuff on how agender people felt and for a good few it was the "I don't really care what body I have" type feeling.

6. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same lol! Just that I would like to have no boobs, or have a plain chest. But just because I think I'd give me an androgynous look and I would look pretty!!

---------- Post added 6th Dec 2015 at 11:13 PM ----------

But for the question: Yes
    Maybe you are a Demigirl, or agender, or whatever, but you are genderqueer. Trust me.

7. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it sounds like you just aren't a stereotypical girl, and don't like gender roles, or maybe you could be agender. Don't worry too much about labels, just do you.
    Good luck! (*hug*)

8. MayaBee

Thank you all for the lovely answers, you all really helped alot! I'm still not sure what I identify as, but I'm gonna figure it out I guess :slight_smile: