1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding without a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spot, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been binding with two sports bras but it doesn't work that well. Maybe it's the brand or the size but while it does bind a little, it doesn't work completely and having breasts has been really frustrating lately, more than usual. I can't currently get an actual binder, I haven't come out to my family and I don't know if it would be wise to do so. Anyway, are there any other safe methods of binding without owning an actual binder? Thank you :slight_smile:

2. TraceElement

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually, with binding, the best advice is to pay attention to the signals your body is giving you. If a means of binding causes bruising, swelling, difficulty breathing, or skin cuts/rashes - stop, take a break, and switch methods. It's also wise to never bind for more than 8 hours at a time, and to not sleep while binding.

That said, there are a few ways of going about binding without a binder:
    -Camisoles (preferably tight fitting) flipped around and rolled up.
    -Neoprene back wrap situated beneath a tight sport's bra.
    -Compression wear, typically made for athletics - small enough to compress.
    -Panty hose, cut the leg off and slip through it. Might need to make a few layers and/or roll it up.

It's ill-advised to bind with ACE bandages, as this can cause injury to ribs and lungs.

Whenever I get dypshoric, I bind with a simple neoprene back wrap (which I'd acquired previously because I have a chronic bad back, so it isn't suspicious). I pull it on the tightest it will go, on my bare chest, then pull my most compressing sports bra over that. It flattens really well - as long as I'm not wearing too tight a shirt.

Also, if you layer your clothes or wear hoodies/sweaters often - the bagginess can help to obscure the chest area.

Best of luck to you.

4. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I really recommend just getting a binder, even if you have to struggle to hide it from your parents of whatever. If not, yeah, try tight fitting things to kind of hold them down, like the sports bras. Kodo defiantly has some good advice, the compression wear and the baggy clothing, and all.

But yeah, be sure to be careful to avoid any damage, and work to see if you can obtain a binder. Good luck!

5. Hexagon

Duct tape was a thing I used before surgery. It can be done without crossing over the back or chest so it doesn't constrict the lungs as much. However, hair is a problem. Something I've heard about recently, but never tried is bondage tape.

6. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you everyone for your replies :grin: I'll try these methods and hopefully they will work for me :slight_smile:

7. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Links to those

Camisole: Put a little tinsel on that and get weird

Neoprene:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Tec-5100-Athletics-Back-Wrap/dp/B0009VS18S

Compression wear: Underworks Mens Compression Body Shirt Girdle Gynecomastia Shirt at Amazon Men

or something like this under another shirt, but it would probably be less compressing Men's Recovery Compression Short Sleeve Crew Neck Shirt

Pantyhose: Fuck Yeah Binders! | Review on the pantyhose/Charles binding:

Add'l resources: Transgender Teen Survival Guide • Posts Tagged ‘binding’

Chest Binding 101 - FTM Binder Guide | FTM Binding, Chest Binder, Breast Binders

Binding 101: Tips to Bind Your Chest Safely | Point 5cc

8. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recommend you to ask to friends you've come out if they have any bras smaller than ur size that they don't use (I asked for a small A cup friend) What I do normally is using the sport bra under the smaller bra because otherwise is really uncomfortable. But hell what am I saying with "normally", I've binder for one day being tomorrow the first school day that I bind hahah!(!)