1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

labels...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by GhostCake, Dec 8, 2015.

1. GhostCake

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So when i was talking to my temporary therapist i finally had the guts to talk about my identity thing and how it's a problem for me that people label me as what they see-

And then i probably confused my therapist & myself a tad-
    I mean-- i really dislike using labels but if it helps the people around me to understand my situation better and me to explain it better it's worth it even though it makes me feel kind of uncomfortable even if it totally fits in it's definition to how i feel. ...right?

The whole label thing bothers me to some extend. I mean-- i was really glad back then to have finally found out what i actually am but then again i don't want to label myself. I will probably have to use it anyways to describe it better but ugh-- Thinking so much about this stuff makes my head hurt.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Aww. Well, many agender people say "I'm just a person [and I don't think the everyday concept of gender applies to me]". You can say that if you like. Similar to how some bisexual people say "I like people", (or lesbians, gays (or straight people)) saying they like [respective gender].

3. GhostCake

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow that sounds so much less complicated than the way i tried to explain it.
    Thank you very much, you've been a great help!

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't like labels, and so I am Alex :slight_smile: I made a post about it a while ago.

5. MetalRice

Labels are good for people are need them, but not everyone needs them.