1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts rant

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Dec 9, 2015.

1. JackIsANerd

So I have been having doubts about all this and questioning if I am really trans or just crazy. My dysphoria has been getting worse but there are some days its okay and it gives me mixed feelings, I feel like I have to have dysphoria 24/7 to be considered trans. I know that probably isn't right but it just makes me doubt everything, but then I remember that I don't feel female I never have I feel like this body isn't mine. I just want to escape it and be the boy I feel like on the inside. I am scared I wont really fit in well with other guys do I need to act a certain way?

Then theres my friends I feel like they aren't taking me seriously and two of them today said something about how I will outgrow this when I am 18, they told me today they completely forgot I told them to start using he and not refer to me as a girl. I think thats where this whole doubting myself started. I just want to feel normal :confused:

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fluctuating dysphoria is really common and entirely normal. You do not need dysphoria every single day. It is entirely possible to go days without having significant dysphoria. That doesn't mean you're not trans. You still have dysphoria. You're still trans.

Your friends sound like they're being douchebags. Try to ignore them. You're trans. You're not going to outgrow it. And honestly, even if you did outgrow it one day, they still would have been wrong for misgendering you. If it makes you more comfortable right now, they should be respecting it.

3. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like these are fairly normal doubts, I used to feel this way as well.

You do not need 24/7 or even particularly harsh dysphoria to be trans. From what I've seen and my personal experience, it seems more common to "fluctuate" with good days and bad days.
    I've also been worried about fitting in but, there are lots of kinds of guys out there. You don't have to act a certain way, I'm personally more feminine than one might expect but I've fit in well enough.

I think it's possible for some people to "grow out of it" or realize they're non-binary instead, but I really doubt that's your case, and even it if was I think your friends should respect what you've asked. I would remind your friends until they remember. They sound like they're being kinda jerks about it but, it is hard to remember so some people just need that little push.

Hang in there, buddy. (*hug*)

#3 denouement, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  4. JackIsANerd

Thanks guys really helped me feel better (*hug*)