1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

binders and amusement parks

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DemiLiHue, Dec 9, 2015.

1. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just wondering if one can wear binders while on rollercoasters and stuff like that. Im gonna come out near my bday and I wanna get my binder in my bday so I'll like to wear it during that day

2. iiimee

Depends on how well you can breathe on it- if you'll already struggle with your breathing already it's not a good idea. ^_^ I wore mine, but I'm only a 32B, so I don't know what it's like for "larger" people.

3. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks.
    The truth is that I dont know how I'll breathe because I dont have it yet. But I hope I can breath well in it obviously! (Im gonna buy the one of my size obviously)

4. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If it'll be your first time wearing a binder I wouldn't. :/ You should take time to adjust your body to it before you try to do a full day in it. Also, and you'll be able to tell for yourself once you're used to it but, certain activities will hurt (not like a bad pain, but you'll feel constricted; i.e.: for me, I can't do karaoke in my binder). Amusements parks are pretty likely to fall in that category I would think.

If you're really excited about it (which you probably will be), try just wearing it for lunch or something and changing back for while you're at the park.

Happy Birthday, good luck, and congrats ahead of time! :slight_smile:

5. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't if you hadn't had some experience with a binder yet. If you can breathe well, and you know your limits to what you can do in it/how long you can wear it reasonably well then go ahead but if you've just gotten it by the time you go then don't.

6. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yah, i see thanks for the advice. I guess im gonna wear it a week before in my house to get used to it! :thumbsup: It'll be safe

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the first week, work your way up to the 8-10 hour limit. Don't wear it 8 hours on the first day you have it; maybe wear it about 4. 8-10 hours is a good limit for how long you can wear it, but that doesn't make sense for everyone. Some people can easily wear it longer without any discomfort, but some people can't wear it even a full 8 hours. Just pay attention to how it feels and do what's good for you.

If, when you're used to it at the end of the week, you can breathe fine and be completely comfortable wearing it for longer than the amount of time you'll be at the amusement park, it should be fine. Still, bring a sports bra or something to change into so you can take your binder off if it starts hurting.

8. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wahh thank you so much for the advice!! (*hug*) I'm also kinda getting used to the binding feel (I wear like 3 bras and it does feel super compressed. I think I'm just going to the A. Park for like 6 hours. The idea of bringing the bra is a very good idea!! :icon_bigg