1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding out what feels comfortable

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NotKnowing, Dec 9, 2015.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Last week I cut my own hair and now I feel a bit more comfortable since I look a little more boyish. It's still quite long though, so today I'm going to go to a hairdresser and get it cut really short.
    I think this will help me figure out if being male/ being considered male is something I want... At least I hope it will.

Do any of you have any ideas what else I could try out without having to actually tell people? I know that it's recommended to use different pronouns, but that would include having to tell someone and I'm not ready for that yet.

Thanks for any responses, have a nice day :slight_smile:

2. denouement

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Before I came out to my mom I switched to wearing clothing from the guy's section. This was in high school; I just started complaining about feminine clothes (which isn't new, Ive been complaining since I was a kid lol), then started complimenting t-shirts from the guy's section, and slowly migrated over there until she was somewhat used to me getting clothes from there. She thought it was weird, but tolerated it.

Then I cut my hair short, and asked my dorm RAs to call me by a fairly unisex nickname (in your case this could be a friend or maybe even teachers). I also bought a binder, but this may be more difficult for you as I was able to ship it to my dorm instead of my house.

3. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I just cut my hair and it feels absolutely awesome I'm so happy I've done it. I think I will tell some friends tomorrow (they already joke about me being trans, so they kinda suspect it, but don't believe it) and I don't think my mum will take it too bad... I hope so at least. She probably won't believe me, but I want to ask her if I can go to a therapist so they can like confirm it...
    But right now I'm quite hopeful :slight_smile:

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with telling your friends! It doesn't sound like they'll be particularly surprised, so I bet it'll go great.

If you can get a binder, that can give you a sense of whether you feel comfortable having a flat chest. Also, clothes from the men's/boy's department can help to hide curves (if they fit okay), which can help you figure out whether you'd feel better having a generally more masculine body.

5. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck. But remember to come out only when u feel comfortable with it, an sure of your gender.