1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dysphoria question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Confused239, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Confused239

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know i have dysphoria but it seems to come and go . I can feel perfectly fine as a male for a couple weeks then bam out of nowhere i hate being male i want my inner girlness as i callbit to show i want to be a girl so bad i cry and it can be the most random thing like seeing a young girl at work having fun with her mom and my dysphoria will hit and ill start thinking about much i didnt have a girlhood and that i was cheated. Why does it come and go. Its so hard to deal with sometimes. Just so confused why it comes and goes when most peoples stays with them all the time.

2. JackIsANerd

My dysphoria is like that actually so you aren't alone (*hug*)

3. YinYang

My dysphoria actually comes and goes too. A few days ago it wasn't too bad, but now I feel terrible. Just because your dysphoria fluctuates doesn't mean you are any less of a woman.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dysphoria definitely fluctuates too. There are some days I feel pretty okay in my body; not 100% content, but if I felt like that all the time, I probably never would have questioned my gender in the first place. Most days, I'm just noticeably uncomfortable. I bind my chest, wear clothes that hide my curves, and if I don't get misgendered, I don't really think about my dysphoria at all because the parts that bother me most are taken care of. Some days it hits me like a wall of bricks, everything about my body feels wrong, and I can't avoid it.

So I know it's hard to deal with, but at least don't worry about it being weird. A lot of people experience fluctuating dysphoria. You're definitely not alone in this.

5. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup, mine comes and goes, too. Some days it makes me cry and just want to watch transition timeline videos on YouTube and other days it's just there in the back of my mind. Any kind of long term mental stress/distress is going to have ups and downs, I don't think many people experience soul-crushing dysphoria 24/7 and if they did I would consider that a life-threatening emergency

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd say there is both external and internal factors that trigger dysphoria. Which factors and how hard they'll hit you depend on your own views, and of course experience, still you can try to work on them.
    Takes a lot of patience, and there is no magic formula, you know. To me the worst is when hormones hit me to the point that things seem to get out of control, and then it's a damned struggle to calm down and remind myself I am not my thoughts and all that.
    It can get better...

7. Confused239

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know sometimes its so hard cause it will hit me in middle of my work day and it so hard to get it under control so noones notices.

8. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think everyone's dysphoria fluctuates to an extent. I always feel male, but my physical dysphoria tends to fluctuate a lot. Maybe one week I'll be able to tolerate my body, and the next I'll have crippling anxiety. Sometimes, you just have to go day by day, step by step. (*hug*)