1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT community

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ninetales, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Ninetales

Out Status:
    Some people
    I identify as pansexual and yet I don't feel like I am part of the community. I stay after at the school i teach at to support the LGBT club at the school. I try to be involved and yet I still feel like I don't belong. Are there others out there who have felt the same way? If so what did you do to fix that?:help::icon_sad:frowning2:&&&)

Hazel rust likes this.
  2. Repona

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I feel that way, though in a different way. I'm simply gay, but where I live has virtually no LGBT community at all. After thirty years, I'm suddenly an outcast and alone even when I hang out with the couple of friends I do still have.

I wish I had a solution, but to be honest I haven't yet found out how to work that out. All I can do is offer my support and let you know that you're being heard. :3 If there is anything I can do past that, I'd be happy to help.

Never lose hope. <3

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    It's great of you that you're supporting the LGBT club at your school. :slight_smile: You're actively involved in helping the community, and you're pan - doesn't that make you a part of the community? :slight_smile:

If you feel like you want to spend more time in and around the community, I have two tips.
    1) Are there any LGBT-related things you can do in addition to the club? Maybe go to some LGBT center of gay bar or something like that? Maybe that way you can make some friends who are LGBT. And friends are great! <3
    2) The internet is a great way to jump right into hot topics in the community and chat with a lot of cutesy rainbow people. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! (&&&) :kiss:

#3 Invidia, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  4. Hazel rust

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I am lesbian and I didn't feel like part of the community at first but then I just realised that I do and it was amazing