1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washing clothing.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Secrets5, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on how to wash clothing that you bought that is for the ''opposite'' [I'm pretty sure the opposite of agender is pangender, but my parents think I'm female] gender?

I went looking in charity stores for school clothing today and found some male clothing that I liked and fit so I bought it, and now I have no idea on how to wash it. I told my parent's that I bought stuff for them for them for Christmas but I have no idea how to get that in the wash without them seeing it as they'll notice if they don't get that clothing, also my dad isn't a small size and my brother wouldn't think of wearing ''business'' outfit yet.

Oh, and how to wear this to school without questions? [or too many questions]

Thank-you.

#1 Secrets5, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you washed it by hand and hang dried it in you room they might not notice.

3. tgOlivia

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah, you could hand wash it. Or, I would assume they go out sometimes, and it only takes a few hours to run the washing machine, so you could easily do it then

Chances are you wont be able to get away wearing it to school without questions, you could pack it separately while wearing something else and then change at school or something, but you'd still probably get questions at school.

#3 tgOlivia, Dec 12, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well, do your own laundry then, or hand wash them, then turn up the heather and don't leave the room until they are dry. You could also go to a wash salon.

It's way easier to wear whatever you want as afab. People is free to ask, you are free to answer whatever you want, including lies.

I've been wearing men's shirt since I was a teenager and nobody asked ever 'is that a man's shirt?'.
    You have the right to wear whatever you want, afaik it's not a crime yet, and nobody's bussiness.

5. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Obviously I don't know your parents but I just told mine that the jeans I bought was simply because they have bigger pockets. For anything else you could just say that they're more comfortable because a lot of women's clothing is tight. My parents were fine with that. As for washing, I think hand washing is probably a good idea. Either that or ask a friend to do it for you and just pretend you're swapping clothes because girls always do that, don't they? In case they get suspicious just stick a dress or something in there to and send it back and forth between you and your friend.

6. Riz

Riz

Afab wearing "men's" clothing is very common so I don't think they would mind. That also include male underwear because many feel boxers are much more comfortable.
    Though I think you know your family best.

If you feel handwashing is too time consuming you could always offer to do the laundry so you make sure it's you who handle those clothes.

7. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My Mum knows I have some clothing for men now, she says they're really nice. She hasn't asked why though. [Kind of wish she would].