1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NotKnowing, Dec 14, 2015.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't know if this is the right categorie, but I honestly don't know where else I could ask this..

Today I got my binder (yay!) and I put it on right away.
    It's a bit too big for me, I think.. The straps fit me weirdly.
    But the weirdest thing is how it makes my chest look. It looks like I still had. well. breasts, but as if they were like too high or something? I don't know it just looks weird. I heard some pretty good reviews on this binder it's from Underworks and it was extremely expensive so it should be good quality?
    Is this a normal thing or is it the brand or the size or am I putting it on in a wrong way?

2. Hexagon

If it's too big, it might not be binding well enough. My experience of a good binder is that as you're getting used to them, they'll start to feel uncomfortable after a few hours. That sucks, but it isn't permanent. You do also have to kind of... rearrange the tissue. Push it outwards so that it's kind of flattened against the outer parts of your ribcage towards your armpits. If that doesn't work, try exchanging for a smaller one.

3. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I just checked Underworks website and as it turns out, I can't exchange the binder, I can only return it and buy a new one. If I want to return it, I have to pay the shipment which turns out is 35€ from Germany to Miami:eusa_clap
    And also I paid 20€ for shipment already when they sent it here. So returning this thing isn't really an option, I could think about just buying a new one..
    Gosh I hate living in Germany

4. Hexagon

Oh, that's a bit shitty. Maybe you could try sewing it tighter? It might not be the size, though. Do you think it's tight enough?

Btw, I've heard they've started selling underworks binders on the uk version of amazon, which will have cheaper shipping to germany than buying from the US. If you do decide to buy a new one, check there first.

5. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks a lot for your reply :slight_smile:

I checked the Underworks stuff on amazon. You're right, the shipping is a lot less expensive, however the actual product is way more expensive (35 pounds on amazon, 33 dollars on Underworks.com) so in the end, on amazon I pay like 57 € while on Underworks I pay 50€ although the shipment is so expensive...
    I have some money saved up which I'm going to use for a new one, because this is just not tight enough at all.. (Although I used the sizing chart and all:dry:slight_smile:

I'm really disappointed but hopeful that the new one is going to be better. (And also hoping that I might get some christmas money so I can buy new clothes...:confused:)