1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I just zip it till after Christmas?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by SkylarBlur, Dec 14, 2015.

1. SkylarBlur

Hey everyone.. I think I'm in need of some advice.

I'm fully out now, and I've just changed my pronouns to neutral ones (they/them) My SO has been more then supportive with the change. However, I'll be spending Christmas with his family and I'm a little worried about how the pronoun change will turn it into an uncomfortable time.

I've talked with my SO about my concerns, asked him to explain it to his mum and perhaps she can inform her partner sorta thing. He said he is willing to, though he can't guarantee they will agree with it. I've expressed my understanding, that not everyone know's a non binary person and has never faced a pronoun change.. but he seemed to keep bring up the negative. Like he is certain they won't agree to this.

I guess my question is, how to I casually bring it up to the family members my self? I came out in a facebook post, and a text to my bestfriend. Other then that, no face to face conversations.. Is there a good way to go about it?
    Or should I just zip it till after Christmas?

2. FootballFan101

It may be easy for your family to forget at Christmas because of the busy time but maybe dont give out just remind them

3. peniswanted

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am a hetrosexual female, so why do I want a penis? I tried a strap on and looked really good, but I like men and just like the thrill of having a penis attached to m female body.

4. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

[​IMG]

I think you're on the wrong thread...