1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck in the middle?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by skip, Dec 19, 2015.

1. skip

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, all of my friends and most of my teachers use my preferred name and pronouns, but as my mom is definitely not accepting, I feel like theres nothing left for me to do. I can't start a physical transition, because I don't have health insurance and my mom wouldn't pay for it, so I can't transition any further. I feel like I can't handle being stuck in this sort of 'limbo' for the next three years while I wait to turn 18 and I can get my own health insurance, or if my mom suddenly changes her mind and gets it for me. I know that in my state right now, Medicare covers hrt and even surgery, and you can get it if you're over 15 even without parental consent, BUT you can't apply for health insurance until you're over 18 without parental consent, so I'm just stuck at a stand-still in my transition. I know that if you're a homeless youth you can apply yourself, but I'd have to run away to be classified as homeless and that just seems drastic and probably a bad idea, but I don't think I can take being stuck like this for three more years of my life...

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Could you get your teachers to talk to your mom, I mean, it's probably not their place, but if you're stuck for people to talk to. The teachers could with you so they're not saying anything not right, and try and get them to change her mind.