1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help for putting on a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rxley, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Rxley

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey everyone!
    My binder came today! (yay omg). It fits very well, but it gave me grief to put on.
    Any advise on how to put them on/ take the off properly?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting into a new binder can be tough, but it will loosen up a bit with more wearing. If pulling it over like a shirt is too tough, try stepping into it like a swim suit and then pulling the straps up over your shoulders.

3. Hexagon

Yeah, pull over your head tends to be the best option, unless it has a side clasp. Though my partner literally got stuck in theirs once. When its on, try to rearrange the tissue towards the sides rather than the front.

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Turn it upside down and inside out, then step into the bottom, pull it up with the bottom to your hips, then use the straps like handles to flip it inside out and pull it up to your chest

5. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends on the make and style. I found that I could get my Underworks binders on by stepping into them and pulling them up, and get out of them by pulling them down.

For binders with stretchier fabric (like gc2b, for example), you can generally get your head in and then work your arms in and get the straps over your shoulders.

Taking off various styles of binder can be done like this: http://img13.deviantart.net/0d48/i/..._of_a_binder_by_electrical_socket-d8rur9e.png

(It's a technique I wish I'd learned sooner! It would have saved me so much hassle and panic from finding I didn't know how to get back out of a new binder.)

6. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For putting it on (gc2b half binder at least): I put both of my arms in at the same time over my head, and then squirm into it until my head goes through the hole so I can even it out.

Taking it off: I fold it up a bit, then cross my arms in the back and slowly ease it up and off.

I think each person finds their own way to take on/off a binder that works for them, also remember that it will get easier the longer you wear it. No matter what you do, please don't get frustrated and be too rough with it. I tore mine a bit in the back because I got too annoyed with it. You'll get the hang of it eventually!
    Good luck!