1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help am i a girl or am i nb

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DemiLiHue, Dec 22, 2015.

1. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HI I NEED URGENT HELP
    So I'm AFAB NB I think and I was watching my favorite yuri anime opening and then: AM I A GIRL?? I'm gonna come out in 1 day so I'm super anxious. I kinda like this idea of two girls dating (I love yuri) & I like the idea of wearing skirts, dating a girl, being girly with my crush & being perceived as a girl (the last one I'm not so sure) I like being "the girl" of our gamer group and Im like super anxious because Im stressed
    I also like neutral pronouns (ey/em) and IDK plz Why

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, don't feel too rushed when it comes to coming out. Take your time! If you aren't ready, then don't do it.
    As for gender, liking skirts and yuri doesn't mean you can't be non binary. It depends on how you feel about your body, and how you want to be viewed. Don't worry too much. Things will become clear in time. Feel free to message me if you need anything. (*hug*)

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, why do you think your nonbinary? Do you have gender dysphoria? Want your sex to be different? Socially, is it just pronouns or do you really not want to be seen as a girl? If it's just pronouns you're probably a girl, but if it's being seen as a girl as a whole then you should probably think about why you don't want to be seen as a girl so you can decide if it's sexism/some other issue or if you're actually nonbinary.

4. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I do have dysphoria, top dysphoria and disconnection towards my body. I love being AFAB because dicks are weird, but I'd like to have no boobs. I don't really feel comfortable about being called she and a girl and stuff like that, but I still kinda like being "the girl of the group" the "gamer girl" and stuff like that even if I don't want to be read as female? I think I want to dress girly.... And being a girly Enby... I think. I guess I feel more comfortable with being a girly NB than being a tomboy girl so I must be an Enby... I guess!

5. Hexagon

A person's presentation doesn't dictate their gender, and there's a whole lot more to a gender identity than just the way you dress. And who the fuck decided skirts and long hair and certain behaviours were feminine anyway? My point being, if skirts and being 'girly' reflect your non-binary identity, then that's cool. I wear skirts sometimes too. It doesn't stop you being non-binary.

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound nonbinary to me. You can be nonbinary and still not mind some aspects of your assigned gender's social role. You've got dysphoria and don't want to be read as female, and that sounds pretty non-cis to me. You can still like dresses (there is nothing inherently female about dresses; it's just how our society insists on arbitrarily assigning genders to the cloth we put on our bodies) and enjoy the role of the "girl of the group" without being a girl.